iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

When Wood-Mizer's FLY !

Started by prittgers, October 19, 2017, 12:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prittgers

Putting a fully assembled Wood-Mizer into a SkyVan gives Alaskan's and Yukon residents with remote property some new options for milling. 

The village of Nikolai now has access to much needed building material.  The Kuskokwim River is a good source for logs and for transporting them in winter.  The cost savings of converting logs to lumber and timber is huge when it can cost over $5.00 to transport a 2x4 stud.

Wood-Mizer Alaska specializes in aerial delivery of portable sawmills for northern communities. 

Hope you enjoy this latest set of pix.

Some of you asked about sling loading.  Here is a video of a smaller mill being delivered to a remote lodge.  https://youtu.be/4FQa65VQFaU

Parker
Parker Rittgers
Professional Sawyer, Retired, well, not really !
WoodMizer Alaska | 907.360.2497 cell 336.5143 office BevelSider.com ? Everything BevelSider
prittgers@aksamill.com

WV Sawmiller

Send more pictures. That's way cool. Thanks for sharing. 8)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WLC

That's cool!!  Bet that trip wasn't cheap. 

When I first read the thread title Parker, I thought you were going to show pics of one slung under a helicopter.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

Brandon1986

I was afraid one took flight on the highway in transit.. glad to see it was a planned event..

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Ljohnsaw

Pretty snug fit!  Bet a WIDE version wouldn't fit :D  Hope you had something on the other end to off load...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Crossroads

Quote from: Brandon1986 on October 19, 2017, 03:22:18 PM
I was afraid one took flight on the highway in transit.. glad to see it was a planned event..

Me too!
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

4x4American

So cool.  See now if it was a Baker you could just push it out of the plane onto the ground 😂
Boy, back in my day..

Banjo picker

Your thread title was enough to reel me in.  Glad I check it out.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

samandothers

Help me understand the folks holding the tongue of the mill and the crutch in the picture?

thecfarm

I think they was pushing not holding. Looks like the loader could not push it in any further or it would hit the tail of the plane. They need to build an extension!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

OffGrid973

I love this forum for videos like this and the idea of flying a sawmill to a remote location.
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

SineWave

Quote from: cwimer973 on October 19, 2017, 10:18:57 PM
I love this forum for videos like this and the idea of flying a sawmill to a remote location.

+1

Think of all the virgin wood in Alaska...let 'er eat!

Florida boy

123maxbars

Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Thank You Sponsors!