iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

getting equipment started in the cold? any tricks?

Started by semologger, January 02, 2013, 09:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

gspren,I have one of them,somewheres.  ::)
lumberjack,I think it pulled a little easier. Only been started twice cold. The first time did not notice much of a difference,but the next day seemed to be better. I think Tractor supply sells those plugs. I forgot to look when I was there yesterday.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JuniperBoss

Those who own an airplane and live in very cold regions would drain all the oil out of the engine, warm it up, put it back and then start the engine. The engine gets instant lube this way, instead of beating the pistons up/down with no lube at all, wearing stuff out. I'm not sure about your problem. No way I know of to get a big diesel started instantly and without wearing on anything in the engine/starter. However, the engine should crank over not too hard in that temp. You may have other issues than just cold weather.
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

g_man

Quote from: Migal on January 22, 2013, 09:28:35 PM
Quote from: lumberjack48 on January 22, 2013, 06:13:24 PM
You can pick one up at a Hardware store or parts store, match book cover is 15 thous.

There ya go when I was a kid a match book cover was .020 guessing .005 was cost reduction LOL  :snowball:

Thats all you needed to set your points - remember

Migal

Quote from: g_man on January 29, 2013, 05:24:26 PM
Quote from: Migal on January 22, 2013, 09:28:35 PM
Quote from: lumberjack48 on January 22, 2013, 06:13:24 PM
You can pick one up at a Hardware store or parts store, match book cover is 15 thous.

There ya go when I was a kid a match book cover was .020 guessing .005 was cost reduction LOL  :snowball:

Thats all you needed to set your points - remember

;) Well the striker was good for removing small pit's as well  8) Hate to say it but yes I remember Dang Years  :snowball:
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Thank You Sponsors!