iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawed Some Nice Cherry

Started by WDH, November 15, 2014, 09:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Customsawyer, Julio, Nomad and I cut some nice cherry today using Customsawyers LT70.  We cut 6 logs that were 9' and 10' long and yielded 1200 BF.

Some pretty 9/4.  Widest was 19" wide.

Here are the results.  Some 4/4, 6/4, and 9/4.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

caveman

Beautiful, clear boards and a fine job stacking.  Caveman
Caveman

customdave

I always drool over nice cherry boards! :o                                                                        Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nice thickness on the wide boards. $$$$$  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

giant splinter

Mighty nice and you did a bunch, looks great.
roll with it

fishpharmer

The masters at work again. Nice.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

YellowHammer

Purty boards, you won't have any trouble selling those 8)
YH

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

BCsaw

Nice lumber.........how come there is no snow on the ground???? Did you shovel before sawing?

:D :D
Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

hackberry jake

Mmmmmm, I love the smell of fresh sawn cherry. Kinda smells like a mix between sunscreen lotion and vinegar.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

drobertson

No question about this one!  three boards to cover one layer! I'd say very nice Cherry! Mercy sakes.  Heck of a whack,  I have not seen cherry like this since 06'   dandy,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

customsawyer

It was a great day. Sawing good logs with good friends is as good as it gets. Julio and Nomad had to both pull out a bit early. As usual they missed some of the best boards. It was nice to be able to take our time and not be in a production mode.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Nomad

Yeah...  Figures we missed out on some of the best boards.  But a chance to spend time with friends and play with lumber that nice makes it more than worth it! ;D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

drobertson

That is one of the best things about Saturday sawing for sure, and if friends are around all the better,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

coalsmok

Beautiful boards. Send some my way. 😄

RM Farm

Very nice! A day to do what you like with friends is in MHO worth more than any $$$$ :)
Thanks, Robert

Woodland Mills HM126; Kubota L3200 with FEL, quick attach forks.

WDH

Peter,

Pizza.  We took it easy  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Sixacresand

Looks like you all had a good time.  Very nice boards.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

slider

On the third row from the left and three down that sticker is on half inch off.I sure hope Red Oaks don't see this.
al glenn

julio

Slider you know we talked about that yesterday. Great day with friends.
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

Peter Drouin

Nice wood , I got to get to mine .

A&P saw Mill LLC.

WDH

Peter, if we had a pretty cherry contest, I think that we would lose, however, we would be a whole lot warmer sawing it  :D.

Slider,

We did that on purpose to aggravate ROL  ;D.  We missed you. 

customsawyer

I don't know about that Danny I see some "I" on the end of some of his logs. ;)
Slider if I didn't know any better I would swear you are trying to start something.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Peter Drouin

Quote from: customsawyer on November 16, 2014, 04:30:17 PM
I don't know about that Danny I see some "I" on the end of some of his logs. ;)
Slider if I didn't know any better I would swear you are trying to start something.

:D :D :D :D the big I for IRON. Customsawyer, I think here or there It's all about the log. Good ones and bad ones. :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!