iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Using Synthetic oil in modded saw

Started by magic, February 03, 2006, 01:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magic

Hello everyone, it has been a while since I have posted anything.  I hope everyone is doing well.  I have a modded 066 with a 24" bar.  It was modded for a strong woods saw and is no where near race level.  I use it to cut firewood and small jobs on the side.  I have always used the Stihl oil and have always wanted to try synthetic because I have heard so many great things about it.  I was thinking about trying Amsoil but I am open to any other suggestions.  I'll be honest, the 100:1 scares me a little bit.  So I guess my question is what ratio would you recommend I use.  I was thinking 70:1 or even 60:1, I don't know.  Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

rahtreelimbs

For the cost stick to 32/1........your saw will like you for it!!! 8)
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

tony_marks

ive been using mobils racing synthetic mic at 32-1.
  for a modded pro saw thats all i would use... ive found the mx2t to make homeowner 2cycles last much longer. ive not had a failed engine since
  i began using this mix.

magic

Just to make sure I understood you guys correctly, are you saying mix the amsoil (synthetic) at 32:1?

rahtreelimbs

Quote from: magic on February 03, 2006, 10:42:39 PM
Just to make sure I understood you guys correctly, are you saying mix the amsoil (synthetic) at 32:1?

Personally never ran Amsoil and never will. As Tony stated Mobil 1 Racing2T ( formerly MX2T) is a better option IMO!
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

Captain

I'll agree with the previous, I use the Mobil 1 product at 40:1.

Captain

magic

Where can I find the Mobil Synthetic Oil?

Rocky_J

I'd look at your local Mobil gas stations or auto parts stores selling Mobil oils.

rahtreelimbs

magic

I have to ask, what is so special about this Mobil synthetic oil?  Will it really make a difference running it 40:1 or 32:1 compared to the Stihl oil?  Any more information about the oil and its benefits would be helpful.  Thanks.

Captain

or click the TIMBERPRO link on your left....

rahtreelimbs

Quote from: magic on February 09, 2006, 09:03:12 PM
I have to ask, what is so special about this Mobil synthetic oil?  Will it really make a difference running it 40:1 or 32:1 compared to the Stihl oil?  Any more information about the oil and its benefits would be helpful.  Thanks.

The general thought is that synthetic oil is better than dino oil...........nuff said???

Al_Smith

The "oil wars" have crossed back and forth the internet,since it's inception,with much rather heated debates,praticularly on one specific site.

In my opinion,40 to 1 or 32 to 1 work quite well.I have and will continue to run 32 to 1.A majority of the well known builders of hotsaws and enhanced woods saws are in agreement with me.Then,as I always say,it's your saw,run it as you wish. 8)

Thank You Sponsors!