iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

allis chalmers acc40 forklift brakes

Started by trim4u2nv, June 01, 2013, 01:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trim4u2nv

Anyone have a good one man brake bleeding procedure for this old forklift.  The wheel cylinders appear to be on the bottom of the brake drums.  The master cylinder looks to have a pipe thread on the reservoir.  I am thinking of using a pvc piece threaded into the reservoir and pressure bleeding with compressed air.  Not quite sure where or what the bleeders look like.  The brake hydraulic line is copper colored.

bill m

Get a 1 or 2 gallon plastic pump up type sprayer and hook that up to the reservoir. Just check that the seals are compatible with brake fluid.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

trim4u2nv

I have a small 3/4 gallon will give it a try.  The bleed screws look like a bear to reach.  I will remove the floor plates and try to reach from the inboard side.

trim4u2nv

Finally got the brakes bleed properly.  The bleeder screws were clogged with powdered rust in the weep hole that is cross drilled near the tip.  Had to drill out the holes with a dremel bit.  The vacuum pump type bleeder showed rust coming out thru the clear siphon line.   Could never get a good enough siphon to bleed all the air out.

Thank You Sponsors!