iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wasn't expecting that!

Started by timberlinetree, January 18, 2016, 05:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberlinetree

We know a family from church that doesn't have much,but took in a foster kid(well he's eighteen or so,polite,quiet and didn't get delt a good hand of cards) and he's starting college today. Marcia and I thought an encouragement card with a prepaid credit card in it was a good idea. Side note: don't think I have ever seen him smile.

Well he opened the card in front of us and then he turned to us and I put my hand out to give him a hand shake and wish him good luck. He went right past that and gave me and Marcia a big hug and wow you should have seen him smiling,he couldn't stop! It really wowed me and Marcia how some have such little,but big hearts!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

yukon cornelius

Awesome! That probably meant more to him than it would for most kids. Thanks for sharing that story. It made me smile  :)
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

thecfarm

Sounds like you have a big heart too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

And now we are all smiling today.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

drobertson

:) nothing like unexpected pleasant surprises!  He sounds like a grounded young man,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

trapper

Had a grandson who a few years back spent 2years in juvenile prison. My wife and I were the only ones visiting him 300 miles every 2 weeks.  He then lived with us a year to finish high school. He now has a good job and comes to visit us just to visit not wanting anything.  The last snow storm he came to see if I wanted help shoveling.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Magicman

Seeds planted with Love generally sprout.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

timberlinetree

Very true. Mr. Trapper, that is nice to hear and my hat goes off to you and your wife!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!