iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moisture Meters...

Started by Paschale, May 27, 2003, 10:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

Hi guys,

I'm interested in some recommendations on moisture meters people are happy with.  I stacked some ash last October and am curious to find out what the moisture content of the wood is at this point.  I'd like to find a decent meter under $100, since I don't imagine I'll be using a moisture meter more than a handful of times a year.  So...first off...can you get a decent one for under $100, or is it the old maxim that "you get what you pay for."  Also, what brands and models are you guys happy with?

Thanks ahead of time!

Dan M.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Norm

We have the delmhorst R-2000 and like it fine, the pinless ones would be nice to have so you aren't hammering holes in the lumber to get a moisture reading. Try www.delmhorst.com

I think there was a thread quite a while ago about moisture meters on here, you may try a search to see if you can find it.

I have read some expert on another board claim that you can't buy a decent meter for under $200 but I have only used the one we have.

Brian_Bailey

I use a Wagner L-600 pinless ( mod. no longer made ) and a Lignomat mini - ligno DX/C pin.  Both are very accurate. IMHO, I'd stay away from the cheap ones.
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Thank You Sponsors!