iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Reducing the price on my LT40

Started by Oregon_Sawyer, June 06, 2003, 05:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oregon_Sawyer

My LT 70 is just about ready to pick up.  So I have reduced the price on my LT40.  I put a new ad in the for sale section.

I would include pictures but I haven't figured out how to reduce the size yet to fit.  I can't seem to follow the instructions here in the forum.  I guess I should ask my teenagers to help me :D

Loren
Sawing with a WM since 98. LT 70 42hp Kubota walk behind. 518 Skidder. Ramey Log Loader. Serious part-timer. Western Red Cedar and Doug Fir.  Teamster Truck Driver 4 days a week.

Percy

Heya Loren
Ya know whats gonna happen? Ill tell ya. About the time you start gettin nervous cause you havent sold the old mill, youll take the first sincere offer you get...AND THEN....about 10-15 other buyers will start phoning at all hours and be *pithed off that its sold already. Happened to me. On a sour note, my alternator on the LT70 swallowed the big onion today. Its a 190 amp unit and the folks at Salmonarm Woodmizer didnt have a replacement is stock so they yanked the alternator offa the LT70 they have in stock  ;D ;D Ill be millin again Sunday morning. Gotta love them WM folks, they will go the distance for ya....Good luck on the sale and youll love the 70.
Later.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Oregon_Sawyer

Percy:  
Your probably right. When I get the reduced price my cost for 5 years will be 2500 less than what I paid for it plus about 2500 worth of upgrades.
$5000 divided by about 400,000 bd ft of lumber.  Not bad ;D
I had trouble with the alternator on my WM when I first got it.  I now keep a rebuilt on hand. ( Of course It just fine now ).  My brother-in-law runs a rebuild shop and took the stock alternator and uped the amps.

I can hardly wait to get the new saw in my cedar deck.  I think I have enough logs on hand to pay for about half of the difference in purchase price.  I wish I could buy as cheap as you are able to :)
Sawing with a WM since 98. LT 70 42hp Kubota walk behind. 518 Skidder. Ramey Log Loader. Serious part-timer. Western Red Cedar and Doug Fir.  Teamster Truck Driver 4 days a week.

Thank You Sponsors!