iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I'm still here, Farmerdoug.  I'm trying to keep the pane of glass between me and the lack of heat outside.  It got cold last night, but nothing that would produce ice.  Beginning tonight, it is supposed to be freezing.  We already have our citrus and Confederate Rose covered.   I doubt that I will venture into it once the temperature drops below 40 and might not even at a warmer temp.

The really aggravating part is that the temperatures that are being hovered about are producing rain. I find that miserable.

I do have plenty of coffee in the house, and a ham, and some eggs, and a can of sweetened condensed milk (in case I need a dessert).   So, I'll survive.  :D :D

stonebroke

Tom ,You are right about the cold rain. I would take 20 degrees and snow over 33 and rain any day.

Stonebroke

Gary_C

Quote from: Tom on January 15, 2009, 12:06:51 PM

I do have plenty of coffee in the house, and a ham, and some eggs, and a can of sweetened condensed milk (in case I need a dessert).   So, I'll survive.  :D :D

What going on Tom, are you out of peas?
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Tom

I think I have some peas in there somewhere.  I try to save some for when Charlie visits.  :D

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Shotgun

Quote from: Gary_C on January 15, 2009, 01:02:36 PM
Quote from: Tom on January 15, 2009, 12:06:51 PM

What going on Tom, are you out of peas?

Apparently he doesn't do peas on himself....just on Charlie.   :D
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Mooseherder

Quote from: farmerdoug on January 15, 2009, 09:18:46 AM
Where is Tom, DanG, and our other Southern guys?  Did they freeze solid or did their southern electricity freeze up in the power lines? ::) ;D

I've been keeping quiet because I don't want to sound insensitive. ;D
The Thermometer on the Bank Billboard read 63 degrees and I did leave the house with a light coat this morning. ;)

thecfarm

My long hair dog don't seem to mind the cold much.He's outside now laying on the front steps.I did put his pillow out there for him to lay on.His bones are not what they use to be. Without the pillow he don't stay out long.It's 3 above now.He can come in with just a bark,but he choices to stay out and guard the house against all of the wild animals out there.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

We don't mind Mooseherder, makes for some good entertainment.  :D ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

dolittle

-25 this morning with a high of -2.  Now it's -16.

Jeff

I just let our dogs go outside, do their business and come right back in. Both were crippled up from the cold in less then a minute.  Ice made it back in on her own, I had to go grab scooter.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mooseherder

I heard on the radio this morning it was -38 just north of Caribou, Maine.  That is where our camp is.  I really miss my little camp. ::)  Suppose there is something wrong with me ??? :D

Tom

Only if you are one who likes root canals.  :D

Mooseherder

Quote from: Tom on January 15, 2009, 09:22:40 PM
Only if you are one who likes root canals.  :D

Hey!  I had a root canal last year.  ???  Didn't like it at all, no sir. :D

pigman

Quote-38 just north of Caribou, Maine.  That is where our camp is.
I think I would like to sit at your camp table only in the summer. :o ;D
It is getting to the point tonight where we don't have a temperature, the thermometer is reading  0° F now. :(   I think I will throw some more wood in the stove.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

isawlogs

I think I will do like Pigman but my thermometer is showing -32°C  so I might put a few more then him in ther maybe have it look like this ......

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Radar67

Mine looks hotter Marcel.... ;)

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

SwampDonkey

-23F this morning here, -27F up in Caribou, -38.5 F up at my uncle's where three rivers come together.  My uncle said his stove wood was frozen in out in the woodshed. ;D

thecfarm

This is some cold here.I had -22 in the night.It is -17 now.That DanG is out moose hunting and needed it to warm up so he sends all of his cold air down to us.   ;D  Hope Warbird gets his moose some quick.I think Sunday will do it for us,for cold temps.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bill Johnson

It's warming up only -29F here this morning -36F with the wind chill.  Spring is on the way!!!
Bill

isawlogs

I think ya cheated with the zoom ....   :D     It was a wooping -35°C here at 5:40 this morning ...  Stoked to stove and jumped back under the covers  ;D

They ( he who knows the weather ) saye it will be over by sunday here also .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Roxie

Nine degrees....   9 degrees....   brrrrrrrrrrr
Say when

Woodcarver

-18F here this morning at 8:00.  I guess I moved north to a warmer climate.  The Lone Rock airport 130 miles south of here and about 1 1/2 miles from where I grew up reported -35F.  :)
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Warbird

You guys sound like you are in Alaska!  Keep the extreme cold air through Monday, will ya?  I really don't want to snow machine 40+ miles on Monday, in -40F temps.  ;)

Warbird

Wow...  the thermometer at the bldg across the way from where I work say 50.5F above.  It is 40 at the airport.  I actually hope it cools off a little bit so we don't have too much overflow at the Tanana River crossing...   :o :o :o

Thank You Sponsors!