iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

It's been sun here for far more days that I can remember, those two hurricanes didn't dump enough to wet a whistle this far inland. Long range into Tuesday is sun and small breeze. It's in the 70's here to, touching 80 actually. No frost at the house but Monday and Tuesday was frost in the back country away from the settlements and out at the three mill sites along the SW Miramichi. Where there is fog along the St John there was no frost, nor the ridges. Fire danger is climbing though toward extreme. I've been marking out, and I have still noticed a few hummingbirds in the deep woods. They dart for my orange hard hat. I don't know what they feed on unless it's sap sucker holes and asters. There are not many other flowers and in the dark canopy the ground is just ferns and shrubs, no flowers this late. Not much for flies, 'cept maybe a couple skeeters in the shade and blow flies. Lots of dragon flies around.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

It had not rained here in the eastern U.P, in 21 days. Glorious weather. Today it ended. I need to go out to the well to get water, but I may just set the pails outside for a few minutes instead. Wow!

It is supposed to end today and be dry the rest of the week.

This is a view from Lou's duck blind yesterday. Um...  He wants the rain. :D

I snapped this photo a few moments ago, I notice out the window now that its all one big puddle out there.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chevytaHOE5674

Yep we finally got rain on this end of the UP, but not as much as you guys on the east end (by the looks of the radar map). Its been too hot for September in the western UP, we need 55-60 degrees for the high temps and some rain.

Patty

It rained here today for the 1st time in about a month. Things were pretty dusty.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Magicman

We've had 11 straight days of rain with another 7 predicted.  Waterlogged.... :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Was 75 degrees and sun here today, suppose to be same tomorrow, possibility of a shower late, then back to sun I guess.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

IMERC

so my asks....

Yesterday it was 80* and sunny. DW and I were hot and sweaty working in the garden.

Now, 1:45 pm the next day, it's snowing and 36*, even down here in the foothills at 6,200 ft.

I checked the weather service forecast just now. Says there's a 70% chance of rain today with an expected low tonight of 35*. They may be off a little.

S'posed to rain/snow through Thursday in most of mountainous Colorado.

At our house we usually don't get this weather until around the end of October.

Whatcha got?

and I say...

this is day three here of it and it's warmed up to 8.1 degrees... been into subzero every night since Thursday...

forcast said light snow... forbid should it change to heavy if this is light... but that's okay.. with this white out ya can't see anything...

I love it...

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints"
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

WDH

North Georgia and Atlanta are getting inundated with rain.  Major flooding.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pineywoods

Quote from: WDH on September 22, 2009, 07:24:34 AM
North Georgia and Atlanta are getting inundated with rain.  Major flooding.

They didn't get it all. North Louisiana is about to float away. Rained hard enuff last nite to wake me up
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

WDH

6 inches Friday, 1" Saturday/Sunday, and 6 inches again last night.  My logging on the thinning has halted  :).

Hopefully Lanier Lurker is weathering this OK. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

WDH, how is y'allses Governor feeling about retaining all of y'allses' water up there these days?  We decided we don't want none of it after all, so we're blocking it off at the State Line. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

crtreedude

I guess when you all have rain, we don't. Seems to be the pattern. It has been pretty dry down here for about three weeks. Not that uncommon in September for us. I remember 2006 was like this too. It has been very nice since I have been re-digging the garden.

But you all can stop stealing the water anytime now...
So, how did I end up here anyway?

WDH

Quote from: DanG on September 23, 2009, 12:49:43 AM
WDH, how is y'allses Governor feeling about retaining all of y'allses' water up there these days?  We decided we don't want none of it after all, so we're blocking it off at the State Line. ;D

They want it when they don't have it and don't want it when they have it  :).

Lanier_Lurker

We made out ok.  The worst of it was west and southwest of the lake.

Enough rain fell in the Allatoona basin and the Chattahoochee basin below Buford Dam to easily fill Lake Lanier had it hit the Lanier basin directly.  As it is, the lake is up over 3 ft over the last 3 days.  Hard to complain about that.  I would rather have not had to deal with that huge volume of water around my house anyway.

SwampDonkey

Out in the woods all we got was a 5 min shower around 3:30 pm, at the house dry as powder. The spud harvesters are going and there is a cloud of dust coming off the air vac.

thecfarm

I got out of work yesterday at 6:30 pm and it felt like a July night,not a late Sept night.Kinda felt muggy out.But all that will change petty quick.We slept with the windows open the last 2 nights.Temps were down in the low 30's last week in the mornings,get up into the high 70's through the day. No rain in sight for us,besides a few showers,maybe.Have a brush pile to burn,but I know I could not get a permit.Leaves are just starting to turn in the high land.The low areas,bogs and around ponds, are at their peek and will be going by soon.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Raining here this morning, heavy shower I think, and it's a cold one. Burrrrrr

IMERC

8.3 degrees...

cold wet snow...

7th day straight...

winter I like the bestest...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

crtreedude

No doubt, our dry spell is over!
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Magicman

14 staight days of afternoon and evening rains make for slippery going..... :D  Yes, there is a chain between us, and I'm not pushing..... :D

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

I could use the thing in front on my place  :D.

SwampDonkey

It drizzled until about noon today and then the sun came out. Clear as a bell right now, suppose to be heavy frost tonight. I have a wood fire on.  :)

southpaw

started raining hear this evening, haven't heard for how long yet thought it was to be here last nite. may ruin some things town has fall fest sat and I found water line leak tonight have backhoe for sat. am. :-\

Radar67

Quote from: Magicman on September 25, 2009, 01:59:59 PM
14 straight days of afternoon and evening rains make for slippery going.....

You would think the power company would know better than to try to trench in an underground service after all this rain, but no, they tried it and made a mess of my road and creek crossing. Needless to say, they got a big ear full this afternoon with notice that if my creek culverts washed out because of their mess, they would be rebuilding. Sometimes I wonder about what goes through peoples head when they make unwise choices.  :)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

fishpharmer

Terry, are you serious, they trenched today?  I hope you documented all the mess.  Hate to hear your plight.

I know some one with a tractor and blade ;)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!