iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Circular sawmill

Started by alexvargas, April 19, 2015, 02:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Did you guys notice the home made setup to set the far taper.?? As Bill says most Chase and Lane parts can be made to work. Seems to me both brands screw dogs are the same and all I use for 90% of my dogging, like them so much I have two on my carriage. Alex if you can power it diesel, big gasoline engines will eat you out of house and home. Now if you have three phase power that's another story. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

alexvargas

Quote from: bandmiller2 on April 22, 2015, 07:39:28 AM
Did you guys notice the home made setup to set the far taper.?? As Bill says most Chase and Lane parts can be made to work. Seems to me both brands screw dogs are the same and all I use for 90% of my dogging, like them so much I have two on my carriage. Alex if you can power it diesel, big gasoline engines will eat you out of house and home. Now if you have three phase power that's another story. Frank C.

what is the set far taper? no clue!    would a RPC work? and a 25 HP motor would be enough?
also maybe this idea is crazy but how about using the carriege as a base to build a band saw mill?

Jeff

25 hp would be no where near enough. In my opinion, it would be a crying shame to take what looks to be a very restorable mill and try and make a Frankenstein out of it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

JSNH

The Chase 100 head blocks I have at least one of those laying around and perhaps some parts for them. My mill has ones made by page belting so the #100 is not needed by me. I am only one state away.

alexvargas

Quote from: Jeff on April 23, 2015, 11:59:38 PM
25 hp would be no where near enough. In my opinion, it would be a crying shame to take what looks to be a very restorable mill and try and make a Frankenstein out of it.
You right it would be a shame.

BUGGUTZ

Looks about like the one I have been pondering. For $500 i may go get me one this weekend.
Everyone has to be somewhere.

bkaimwood

Its not pretty, but a large % of its there...for 700 bucks, if u decline, please pass along her info...I have 200 HP waiting to run something...
bk

bandmiller2

Alex, if you look at the picture of the end of your carriage you will see the #100 headblock with a linkage arrangement hooked to a shaft, just above the pinion. That is so the sawyer can move the taper out to compensate for tree taper without walking to the end of the carriage. Clever but not standard on that mill. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

sealark37

If undamaged, the head saw is worth $500.  Regards, Clark

Thank You Sponsors!