iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

T540

Started by Timbercreekfarm, December 27, 2017, 10:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbercreekfarm

Ok, so I have a new Husqvarna t540xp, seems like a good saw. One huge issue that is making me really not like this saw. The tension of the chain is driving me nuts! The chain will actually get tighter as I cut, never had this happen other than maybe a couple random times on another saw for some unknown reason. So as I cut the chain tightens itself to the point that it will not move, stop the saw, loosen chain, cuts fine for about 3 small limbs, then the chain is too loose !!!!! I have never had a saw do this, I also have a 357 and a 395, I can cut all day with them without adjusting chain. Am I missing something? it is frustrating me to the point of not using the saw, anyone else have this issue? or a solution?

JohnW

That's interesting that a top end saw would have this problem.  It's got to be a defect or some kind of user error.  I hope you can get to the bottom of this.

Maine372

had a similar problem on a dolmar 7900. I suspect the clutch side bearing might be shot, but my saw is significantly older than your saw. it is currently on the shelf awaiting dissection, but its low on the priority list.

is your saw new enough to be under warranty?

JohnW

Does the chain pitch match the drive sprocket and the nose sprocket?

Timbercreekfarm

Quote from: JohnW on December 29, 2017, 06:34:44 PM
Does the chain pitch match the drive sprocket and the nose sprocket?
The saw takes a 3/8 pitch chain, got 2 with the saw and they both seem to do the same thing. Took it apart the other day and found a large burr on the inside of the aluminum insert behind the bar nut, filed that flat and seems a little better. Today I was using it, chain got slightly loose, cut through a broken branch chain came off and damaged. I really have no idea why this saw is is so impossible to use without chain issues. Is anyone else having an issue with one of these? Are there issues with these?

Thank You Sponsors!