iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moose meat spaghetti sauce... Mmmmm Mmmmm

Started by Warbird, January 08, 2008, 11:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbird

The Mrs made spaghetti sauce with moose meat for dinner tonight.  A couple of friends got two moose this season and I let them use my shop to hang the carcass pieces.  Out of it, we got a good deal of moose burger.  Pretty good eatin'!!

sawguy21

Mmm, that does sound good. Spaghetti and meat sauce is a great meal.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Part_Timer

Moose meat is our family favorite.  Katie makes moose and noodles when we have it.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Coon

You just made me go to the freezer and get out a package of  moose burger.  Haven't had moose meat spaghetti sauce in ages.  Thanks for the idea. :D :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Warbird

Quote from: Coon on January 09, 2008, 09:14:57 PM
You just made me go to the freezer and get out a package of  moose burger.  Haven't had moose meat spaghetti sauce in ages.  Thanks for the idea. :D :D

No problem!  :D  We had chili with moose meat in it last night.  There are some good crock pot recipes for stews, chilis, etc that take all of the 'gamey' taste out of it.

I'm really liking eating wild meat, as opposed to the meat you get at the store.  There is a real difference in how you physically feel after eating.  Can't quite put my finger on it but I do notice a difference.  And it's good!

ErikC

We eat wild meat almost all the time. Deer and bear, some wild boar and elk at times. I think the stuff is healthier. We cook spaghetti sauce with it, and many other recipes that are a slower cook. Seems like pot roast is my favorite.  Most beef doesn't taste as good to me-a little bland.
Plus there's the fun of gettin' it!

Erik
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Dave Shepard

Every time someone mentions a moose, I see a picture of a moose, or I drive by my neighbor Howies house, all I can think of is Howies moose stew. Mmmmm! DanG good! I've said it before If I ever meet a moose, I'm going to stew him. :D I love spaghetti with meat sauce, I bet the moose meat is great.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Fla._Deadheader

Youster have a Cunuckistanner visit some family friends, and she brought down THEE BEST Moose Sausage anybody EVER et.  digin_2 digin_2
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Coon

I gots me a hunerd pounds in da freezer for moose sausage.  I usually make it of the garlic variety and mix in alittle pork for the fat content.  Mmmm good.  Just gotta gets me a pig now. :D 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!