iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sharpener and Setter

Started by Raven, January 17, 2014, 11:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

8) 8) 8) 8) New Member here from New Brunswick Canada.
Just bought me a Lumbermate Mark 3, 13 hp Honda, 20 ft bed, its been resting for the past 5 years inside and has been started periodically. Has little use and has always been an indoor mill and I am happy as a fat kid with a bucket of smarties!
Need to know if any sharpener, setter would work on the blades, I know a few boys with sharpeners who may be able to help me out.
Also I am as green as a alder bush so if you can give me a switching to tell me what I should be doing I can handle it and the marks will disappear! lol

Raven Wood
Lumbermate Mark 3 13hp Honda

VictorH

Welcome Raven

If you use Woodmizer blades they will sharpen them for you or you can purchase their sharpening equipment that will match their blades.  I'm sure others will do the same but I'm only familiar with WM.  Congrats on the mill!!

Victor

Chuck White

I believe that most sharpeners are adjustable either with wrenches or by changing the cam.

Lots of adjustments on a sharpener!

Oh, congratulations on the new mill and welcome to the Forestry Forum.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

barbender

I can use the one I heard the other day, now you will be "busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!" :D Congrats on the mill ;) I bought a Cook's sharpener, I haven't pulled the trigger on a setter yet. I'm happy with the sharpener, it is heavy duty and versatile if you want to sharpen a lot of different bands.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!