iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2017 Christmas Contest! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!! SEE FIRST POST!!

Started by Jeff, December 04, 2017, 06:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT VIDEO  CONGRATS EVERYONE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
https://youtu.be/pz3uaynuOI8

It is that time of year again where Forestry Forum member's want to pull out Santa Jeff's beard! This year our contest is way different than any from the past, yet, still, a bit diabolical ;D

I've spent a lot of time this past couple months beating off hackers and scammers and spammers from trying to access the forum and it's server. So I got to thinking, why should they have all the fun?  It's time for our Forum members to try and hack their way into the Forestry Forum Christmas Contest. So without further adieu, welcome to the

HACK THE FORESTRY FORUM CHRISTMAS CONTEST CONTEST! 8) 8)
First I would like to thank the Co-Sponsors for this years Prizes!

Logrite Tools and Council Tools

I'll list the prizes later on in this post, but I wanted to get the contest started because frankly,  some of you may need the time. ;)

Here is what you have to do.   I am going to give you a video clue and a link. The link will be username password protected.  The passwords through this whole contest are all the same, and that password is Christmas2017  It is the username you must figure out by using the video as a clue. The usernames are all farely well known Forestry Forum member usernames. As I said, use the video to figure out who that member might be. It might be obvious to some, it may be tough for others. T H I N K. I also encourage you to help each other behind the scenes.

There are 13 levels. Each Level has the same password, Christmas2017, but a new username and video clue.  Once you get to the final level, you will find the entry form to fill out and get entered. Winners will be chosen at random from the successful entries.

Tips:
1. The username must be exactly as the members name appears here on the forum with two exceptions. Two of the usernames are two word names. For those, you must insert an underscore between the names. Like this>>>  John_Smith There is a third two word username, but he already has an underscore in it.

2. I would take notes to record your progress, so you can get back to where you left off if you happen to taka break mid-stream.

3.You have until midnight Christmas Eve to get registered. Don't procrastinate! We have some great prizes! Winners will be drawn sometime on Christmas Day

4.As you proceed, you will notice the page address will give you a secret Christmas message.

5. You need to be a registered member to complete the entry form.

Okay, here is your first video Clue and the Link where you need to try to login to.  Good Luck and God Speed and

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dSoEu4Tcj8

HACK THE CHRISTMAS CONTEST STAGE ONE

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

THIS POST RESERVED TO LIST PRIZES AND ADDITIONAL HINTS WHEN THEY ARE DEEMED NECESSARY.  :)

Here is our prize line up from our generous sponsors, Logrite Tools and Council Tool!

First up from Logrite we have:

60" Logrite Cant hook!(or choose a Logrite peavey)

Pair of Alissa bench legs from Riteleg

Bluecreeper Value pack with Bluecreeper oil can!

And from our newest sponsor, Council Tool!

1 each of these  2# Wood-Craft Pack Axe, 24″ Curved Handle, Mask

1 each of these  VelvicutĀ® 2# Premium Hudson Bay Bush Craft/Camp Axe with Sheath

and 2 each of these! VelvicutĀ® 1.25# Premium Hudson Bay Belt Hatchet w/Leather Mask

ANOTHER TIP!
Once you hack a level, if your browser asks you if you want to save the login, DO IT!  :)

Jeff

Let everyone know how you are progressing, Or Not progressing. ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Does uppercase and Lower case come into play?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

YES!  The Password is exactly as I have given it, and the usernames are exactly as they are on the forum (with the note about the two word ones and an underscore)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

So far, laughing my butt off.....whoops.....I hit a wall at #8.

Can I get a HINT on #8 please.

Once you get it....ya feel like a Dumb Aspen Tree standing in a field all alone.  :D :D :D

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dan_Shade

27, 389 members, this may take a while...
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

You can't think about it that way. We've had some successful entries now without any further clues yet. You can do it!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 05, 2017, 07:33:49 AM
You can't think about it that way. We've had some successful entries now without any further clues yet. You can do it!

But you said clues as "Deemed Necessary ".
Me a thecfarmer is Deeming.  😂😂😂😂

Jeff

Is 8 the video with the herd of moose?

Hilltop366

So I may be having technical difficulties. Whats suppose to happen if I enter the wrong user name?

What I am getting when I enter the name an password is the screen flashes and the password dots disappear then the progress bar goes 1/10 of the way across and stops, if I press cancel I get "error 401".

ps that hint is too easy, make them suffer a bit longer there is 19 more days. :D
Coming from the guy that can't get past the first clue. :D

Jeff

Wrong answer is entirely based on what browser you are using.  A correct answer takes you to an obvious web page, Wrong could be the prompt flashes for you try again, or closing the prompt without success would probably result in an Error 401!  page. I could customize that I suppose to let you know you didn't make, but, it should be obvious if you get that, you didn't make it!

Hilltop366

Ok, I am using Safari Version 10.1.2 (10603.3.8), I let it sit and the safari froze up and then force quit after a bit, tried again and went to error 401 page after a while, it does not compete loading the page just sits at 1/10 progress so I was not sure if the problem was computer/internet or me. I can pm you the answer I was trying see if that is the problem.

Jeff

Sure, I can give you a yes or no. :)   Me no do Safari. ;)   I'm thinking if it just sits there, it aint right, but I can't help with the apple.  Maybe use firefox or chrome for apple.

Hilltop366

Ok I downloaded chrome and tried it, seems to work but I didn't have the correct answer :)

Jeff

Okay, well if ya'll have any major stumbling blocks, I'll check in later this afternoon. I gotta go for now as I got a school bus driver offering to buy me a hamburger for lunch!

Hilltop366

Going good on chrome up to #10, You see I thought #8 was #1 but then I figured it out. Enjoy your burger and yes I got the hint.

Dan_Shade

I found my problem :

It doesn't work with Chrome on my phone
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

hmm...  I have an android, galaxy 7 running chrome. I ran through it using that successfully.

Jeff

Also you have to watch those phones, they will change your letter case on submit many times, causing it to be wrong. DANG AUTO CORRECT!  :D ;)

Magicman

Yeah Jeff, but someone probably gave you all of the DanG correct answers.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Yea, they did, but my testing was for technical reasons.  :) I just needed to know it could be done. :)

thecfarm

Ain't see the moose one. But I know who that is. The one that I am spinning on,starts out with,you can weld on this thing. Has a putty knife as a rod.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Oh! That one. You guys are weak. I had an 8 year old here that watched only moments of it and she knew the answer without having ever being on the Forestry Forum.

Thank You Sponsors!