iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blade resharpening Ontario Canada

Started by Woodslabs, May 26, 2015, 10:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodslabs

Hi all,

Recently got a lt-15 wide woodmizer mill and need some blades sharpened.  The local woodmizer dealer provided me a contact in Quebec but i do not really want to ship the blades that far to resharpen.  Anyone know anyone local close to Toronto that sharpens blades.  The blades i use a 055 x 1-1/2" ones.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
check out www.woodslabs.ca

Grizzly

Sponsor Kasco has a Woodmaxx dealer in Ontario. I tried to find my email from a while back but couldn't. I also tried the website but no dealer listed. The reason I mention them is that they offered to sell me bands but also offered they would sharpen whoevers blades I already had. They were located in that GTA somewhere. Too far away for me but maybe work for you?
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Woodslabs

Anyone have a way for me to contact them?
check out www.woodslabs.ca

WoodenHead

There used to be a sawyer in the London area who would sharpen for $10 CDN per blade .  However, I think he has now retired, since I don't see his website anymore.  I have seen professional sharpening services charge anywhere from $15 to $29 per blade.  It has been a little frustrating.  And much more so, now that the value of the CDN dollar has gone down.

Some time ago now, I have taken them to Woodmizer in Hannibal, New York for ReSharp ($7 US per blade), but I'm relatively close.  I had 75 blades sharpened and bought 60 more.  I'll be working through those for a while yet.   ;D

Chuck White

Get on to Google and enter: Bandsaw blade sharpening, Toronto Canada

There seem to be several sharpening services available.

Hope this helps.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

TooManyTrees

hamish

Honig Saw on Evans Ave in Toronto.  They are also a Kasco dealer.

Moira Precision out of Belleville.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

phatboy

Try Bruce Dunk, a sawyer in Paris. He has sharpened for me before and does a nice job. Message me if you are interested and I'll give you his number
"Finding treasure in your trees"

WoodenHead

Quote from: hamish on May 28, 2015, 02:26:13 PM
Moira Precision out of Belleville.

I would second that recommendation.

And I would add Goldsmiths from Spencerville for those located more in Eastern Ontario.  A bit pricey for bandsaw blades, but Goldsmiths sharpens my planer knives as well.  They do a quality job.

homesteader shane

Moira Precision dose all of my stuff. his prices are great, he does a great job on them and I also order new bands from him aswell. mark the owner suggested some bi-metal bands for some barn beams and the work flawlessly and I still use them when i need to

http://www.moiraprecision.com/

Thank You Sponsors!