iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coffee Anyone??

Started by Magicman, November 15, 2011, 08:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axe Handle Hound

Maybe I missed the reference, but I didn't see any press pot fans in this thread??  I tried a press pot about 10 years ago and fell in love with it.  I did have a bit of an affair with an old aluminum percolator for about a year or so, but it didn't work out so I broke it off and made amends with the press pot and have been faithful ever since.  I've never had a bad cup of coffee from it yet.  We drink mostly 8 O'Clock Bean here, but you never know what you might find in the cabinet.  Could be Seattle's Best, Starbucks, Folgers, Alterra, or some local brew from Seattle that my friend sends me from time to time. 

Raider Bill

I'll  brew up some in my french presser from time to time especially if I have some real good beans. Mostly that would be a Sunday morning thing.

I was just thinking I'd like to have a cup of good Costa Rican coffee this weekend as it's supposed to have some cold days ahead.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Weekend_Sawyer

I just placed an order with Tesoros Del Sol. Not cheep coffee but very tasty. I don't give many Christmas gifts but when I do I like to make it personal. A pound of coffee, some home made canned salsa and a pint jar of Danjonit's amazing BBQ sauce.  ;D

Shipping is pretty slow, I hope I didn't wait too long. I am a bit of a procrastinator.

I was happy to see that the Forestry Forum discount is still in place! This basically covers shipping.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Piston

I've found a new favorite coffee that I've been buying for close to a year now.  I really haven't even tried anything else since I started buying it. 
If anyone is local around MA you may have heard of, or been to, Red Barn Coffee Roasters.  I get they're whole bean "french roast" coffee and have enjoyed every cup since.  I like that they are local, in fact the roastary is in my same town, which is ironic because there are very few business' in my town. 

I only brew it in a french press and have had at least 2 cups every day for way too long now.  I really should decrease my coffee intake.  My forestry forum mug is still going strong  8)

Here's my favorite coffee shop  ;D

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Planman1954

I just wanted to comment that is a FINE looking building. Seems something simple like that could be a good project for fellows here on the forum to do themselves!
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Piston

Planman,
I agree!  It is a really nice shop.  They built it as part of their florist business, it's set into the middle of all the plants/flowers/mulch and all that good stuff.  You get the fresh smell of coffee on the way in (which is also very nice inside) and the fresh smell of flowers and mulch on the way out.  It's a great place.   ;D

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

WDH

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on December 14, 2012, 07:50:49 AM
IA pound of coffee, some home made canned salsa and a pint jar of Danjonit's amazing BBQ sauce.  ;D

I can vouch for the salsa!  (That Danjonit's Amazing Sawmill BBQ Sauce is not bad, either  :D).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!