iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New debarker on Lt35 woodmizer

Started by Inwoodsman, August 31, 2014, 10:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inwoodsman

Has anyone bought a new lt 35 with the updated debarker or anyone added it to their existing Lt 35. I know a lot of guys were having issues with them. Or if any of you guys that have the older version please let me know how it has worked for you. Thanks

downsouth

I can't answer that, yet!
I pick up my new LY35hyd with the new debarker, this coming Saturday .(6th). I will let ya know.

millwright

I have a debarker on my 2011 lt35, I had to do a lot of refabing to get it to be usable. It works pretty good now, I think Wm should have done a little more testing before they sold these, though they were very helpfull when I called them.

hunz

I actually just finished the install of the new version a couple hours ago on my 35. I ordered my mill February of this year, but was holding out for the new update. Woodmizer shipped me the field install kit on Saturday. I was like a kid at Christmas. It appears to work well as far as the function goes although it hasn't sank its teeth into any wood yet. I will get some pictures up of it later today, and let you know how it does as soon as I get a chance to saw!
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

Inwoodsman

Hunz, Downsouth, if you can please keep me updated. This mill has my full attention right now. Any pictures would be welcome. Thanks guys.

creekrunner

Yes same here please... I am picking up the new LT35 on the 10th of this month.. hadn't heard about any "problems" hope this isn't an issue with mine!!   :o
Retired U.S. Navy,
2014 LT35HDG25

downsouth

Inwoodsman, I will let you know.
Creekrunner, it seems there was an issue with the debarker, but this year they upgraded it to a different style,so I don't think it will be an issue.

landscraper

WM NC said my LT35 debarker (ordered with the machine, still in testing when the machine shipped) is due this month.  Looking forward to seeing what it does for my blade life.  I know I lost the sharp from a blade the other day due to a rock in the bark that I hadn't seen.  I'm pretty good about looking and scraping, brushing, etc. but you can't get'em all.  Maybe the debarker can.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

hunz

Quote from: landscraper on September 02, 2014, 06:33:40 PM
WM NC said my LT35 debarker (ordered with the machine, still in testing when the machine shipped) is due this month.  Looking forward to seeing what it does for my blade life.  I know I lost the sharp from a blade the other day due to a rock in the bark that I hadn't seen.  I'm pretty good about looking and scraping, brushing, etc. but you can't get'em all.  Maybe the debarker can.

You must be talking about Joe. When I called last week he said he had another guy in VA waiting on the new debarker too :D. I guess I wasn't the only one ringing the carolina ASC phone off the hook :D Well I finally had a chance to use mine today with a seasoned locust log. It may just all be in my head, but I think it was $1400 well spent. I generally get through 3 seasoned locust logs with a brand new band, before it gets extremely dull. Cutting then gets so slow, I can almost make 10 laps around my mill in between cuts. I threw on a used band today, and it was cutting just as smooth and fast as when I started. Just a side note Landscraper, when installing the electrical wires through the main square tube steel support, don't forget to grab/install the rubber "no rub" grommets on before running all your wire and hooking up. you'll know what I am talking about when the field install kit shows up at your door. Been there done that. The install manual is a little vague in areas, that being one of them. It took me about 4-5 hours to install it. A piece of 3' wire also helped dragging the wire through Here are some pics

Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

landscraper

Thanks for the advice Hunz, I might be pm'ing you when it gets here.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

barbender

So, this one spins away from the operator, right? That is a big improvement over the shrapnel shower the one on my LT40 gives me.
Too many irons in the fire

millwright

The debarker works great, it was the mount that was a problem. I made it so it swings up and out of the way when not in use. I also installed a motor  to swing it into and out of the log.

MartyParsons

Hello,
We tested the new LT35 debarker yesterday. It works real nice.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Inwoodsman

Hunz, thanks for updating us on your new debarker and most of all the pics!   
Marty, glad to hear that. Thanks

Thank You Sponsors!