iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawer in the Canton and Ball Ground GA area?

Started by gwisejr, October 20, 2018, 09:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwisejr

Good morning,

My wife and I purchased 5 acres in Ball Ground, GA to build a new home. About 2 acres are wooded, mainly Pine and I would like to turn some of that into fence rails and other lumber for a pole barn. My first inclination is to buy a portable sawmill and do it myself. So, I have a few questions...

1. Is there anyone in the Canton, GA area that owns a small mill that would not mind having some help for a few weekend so that I can learn? I'm not a complete newbie. I know which end of the chainsaw to hold... I've built out by basement, felled plenty of trees and in general and am considered "Handy" as my mother-in-law says..

2. Does anyone in my area have a sawmill that they want to sell or rent out in case I do want to "roll my own"? 

3. Does anyone in my area provide sawmill services in case I decide that it's better to hire out?

Thanks for any input.

Ga Mtn Man

Ball Ground is within my service area.  PM me if you want to discuss your job.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Thank You Sponsors!