iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Busted Primer

Started by Magicman, November 19, 2017, 03:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow99

Excellent!  Looks like you'e on the way to a full resolution of the problem. I' m glad that Remington is making things right for you.  These days you hear so many times where this or that company leaves people high and dry. It's good to hear that one is doing the right thing.

moosehunter

A good many years ago I was having trouble with my Remington 870. Whenever I shot a slug the chamber would open. Shot thousands of rounds of trap loads without it happening ,before and after the slug problem. 
I called Remington and sent the gun to them. A few weeks later a representative called me to say he couldn't find a problem with it and that I was inadvertently pulling the chamber open when I fired the gun. I explained that I had thought of that possibility and had bench fired it with no hand on the forend, it still opened.
Another week or so went by and I received another phone call from Remington "we are unable to find any problem with your shotgun,  we are sending it back to you". A few days later the gun came via UPS, in the box was a letter stating that they had found nothing wrong. The 870 had a brand new receiver and bolt. Hmmmm, they found nothing wrong but replaced the receiver and bolt? Remington did not put in writing or verbally tell me that they were replacing parts. The chamber did not pop open when firing slugs after that.
I have always wondered if they really couldn't find something wrong and replaced parts to cya or if they knew there was a problem and replaced parts to fix it.
Oh well, they didn't charge me, the gun works properly. 
mh

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

WV Sawmiller

While I was in USMC we had a problem on the M2 (I think) .50 cal machinegun on the LVTs jamming after a few rounds. I think it was Browning who made them. They took the gun and drilled a hole in the cover and mounted a camera to watch the feed. Fired thousands of rounds with no further problem. Evidently the extra space at the cover for the lens fixed the problem. Accidental discovery. Never can tell what till you try it out.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

My rifle is back from Browning.  I have no idea how they repaired the bolt face but the crater is gone and it is now smooth, all at no cost to me.  Remington also sent me two boxes of cartridges.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions and motivated me to examine the bolt face and take the necessary steps toward getting it repaired.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I heard on the news Remington is about to fold.
Did y'all here this?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

They are in Chapter 11 "restructuring" bankruptcy same as many/most of the other gun manufacturers have gone through.  I don't know how you reduce your debt by $650 million but that is their plan??

They handled my incident very professionally and with no reluctance.  Browning did the fix, Remington paid for it, and I am 100% satisfied.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!