iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Join the Herman Munster Club today!(If you don't need snowshoes, this means you)

Started by Dave Shepard, April 18, 2007, 07:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I am starting this thread for people who have either big, wide, or big and wide feet. I wear 12H Redwing shoes. This is supposed to be a 12EEEE shoe, but is a little narrow for me. I would like to hear what people are doing for wide shoes. I have only found a few shoes that are comfortable over the years, and have always wanted to try some others, but haven't risked buying shoes that don't fit. I would like to try the chainsaw boots from Stihl, but I don't want to get stuck with them if they don't fit. I have only had one pair of steel toes, but they weren't great. Every time I see a nice looking pair of boots in a catalog they only go to W, or E, etc. that isn't going to cut it. So, if anybody has any tips to share, I would appreciate it.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sawguy21

I feel yer pain, I wear a very wide shoe too and they are hard to find.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Furby

There was a post some time back about custom made boots and shoes, might have been Asy that posted the link to a place, but I don't recall for sure.

Phorester

Have you tried contacting the shoe manufacturers that make shoes for athletes?  Some football and basketball players have great big'ens too.

beenthere

Dave
I don't wear that size, but have known the young fella that has a very large Independent shoe store in a neighboring town.
The Shoe Box

I can't say that he has what you want, but I can sure be comfortable suggesting that you contact Steve and see what he has.

An interesting story I heard about (and there are many just like this one) is a fellow I was talking to, just received a job at a bull farm. He couldn't start work until he had the proper shoes (steel toe, instep cover, etc) and ordering them would take three weeks because of his unusual size, and the price was over the $300 mark.
He happened to be looking at a car on a used lot during his 'time-off' while waiting the three weeks before he could go to work. The car salesman said, "Try The Shoe Box". He did, found they had exactly what he needed for about half the money.
This guy is good. But I can only suggest you give him a shout.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

TW

I have big and wide feet. Size 47 in European numbers(no idea what it equals in American sizes).
There are two factories in Finland making very wide workshoes and boots. Jalas and Sievi. They fit me. Usually they can be found at least up to size 48.

I hope theese shoes are imported and sold over there.

In trade shool the teacher asked:
teasher -Do you have a pair of old rubber boots to spare?
me - What are you going to do with them?
teacher -I would cut away the upper part. Duck shooting season starts soon and I need a boat in each lake.

beenthere

I looked for a conversion site, and found

Shoe size conversion

There was a reference to Zappos as having the largest shoe for sale (EEEEE I think). 

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Faron

I'll bet these guys can fix you up  http://www.grundmanshoe.com. 
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

sgtmaconga

Measure twice cut once

Thank You Sponsors!