iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodlandmills HM130

Started by Skytec, April 02, 2018, 07:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skytec

Hey Guys, I am very new to this forum and am not sure how this all works but. I have a woodland mills HM130 and I'm having some trouble getting my tracking right. Or at least I think it's my tracking. My blade's keep coming off. I've already ruined one blade. I've gone through the manual procedures but it keeps happening. Any thought on how I could remedy this?

ChugiakTinkerer

Call Woodland Mills and ask them.  I say this because there's a thread or two here about a tracking issue that was resolved with a replacement part.  I can't recall if it was a HM130 or HM126, but the folks at Woodland Mills should be able to help you out.
Woodland Mills HM130

fishfighter

yep, it was a 130. Do a search for it. It took the fellow a couples weeks to get it right.

tizzel

I was having the same problem with I first got my 126. Come to find out that I was using too much water and the blade was hydroplaning off. I was also told by Woodlands customer support to take sand paper and rough up the flywheels (the red plastic bit) that the blade comes into contact with.
I also made the mistake of not wiping the oil off of the new blade

Skytec

Hey guys! Thank you for the responses. I have tried a lot of things. I've used extra water,I've used no water. I've messed with the tracking for hours and hours. I spoke with woodland mills. They suggested I try all the same things that I have been doing all along. I haven't cut one complete log. The follower wheel will not align. It's not flat with the guard. And there is no adjustment for it up and down. I've ruined three blades now. I don't know what else to do. Does anyone want to buy a mill????h

South02

I have the hm126 so I don't know if this will apply to your hm130. Find the follower wheel track adjustment bolt (the single bolt on the tensioner handle side). Look underneath and you will see the end of the threaded bolt, it fits inside a hole in the square stock that your band wheel is mounted on. Make sure the bolt is seated into the hole, I always take a large screw driver and pry the square stock onto the threaded bolt then tighten the handle a few turns to hold it there. Then torque to your specifications.  If its not properly seated the blade wont stay on. Also take some sandpaper and sand the orange belt on the follower wheel to ruff it up a bit. I always wipe new blades off to get the excess oil off them. Hope this helps.

Skipper11A

Here's a couple of thoughts.  You are adjusting the wheels when the blade is NOT tensioned (this is normal).  Then, when you tension the blade, the wheels will be pulled out of alignment due to the blade tension.  The solution is to OVER adjust the wheel alignment so that they are pulled into proper alignment when you tension the blade. 

You need a straight edge that reaches across both wheels to check alignment, I've seen threads on this forum where HM 130 owners had the same problem because the guards were not straight and square as they were supposed to be, so don't rely on those for squareness.  Get a straight edge across both wheels and you'll see any deviation.

You'll know when you get it right, when you rotate the wheel by hand and the back of the blade is even with the back of the wheels (When blade is fully tensioned).  Keep working at it and you'll get it squared away and be making sawdust in no time!

Novascotiamill

2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Lots of rigid genx5 tools
1 long haired german shepherd
2017 kioti ck2610HST with FEL and forks
Grindlux band sharpener
Wicked 55" root rake grapple
O

Thank You Sponsors!