iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Packers / Lions

Started by Jeff, December 31, 2011, 09:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I Can't wait.  smiley_bounce

I'm one of those old, always disappointed Lions fans. Last year there were tell tale signs that this year would be better. If I wasn't a Lions fan, I'd be a bigger Packer fan. I'm a fan, but not when they play the Lions. I know it's pie in the sky to think the Lions will go far in the playoffs, but THEY MADE THE PLAY OFFS!!  YAHOO!   

The Pack hasn't got a lot to gain in this last game against the Lions, so maybe, just maybe.... :)   Burlkraft and I are meeting up at the cabin this week to burn slash piles from my Tamarack bug kill harvest, and it'd be so nice to greet him with a packer eating grin. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

whittler

Sounds like a perfect weekend! Go Lions!
Whittler

Riggs

I wouldn't mind seeing them meet again in the playoffs. As you said Green Bay has nothing to gain from this one. The future looks really good for the Lions.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Burlkraft

Quote from: Jeff on December 31, 2011, 09:10:39 AM
The Pack hasn't got a lot to gain in this last game against the Lions, so maybe, just maybe.... :) 

It's just the pricipal of the thing. Sweeping the division is always nice  ;D

I'm sure it will a good game and prolly a close game. I'm sure our defense will play a big role one way or the other.

Go Pack  smiley_smug01
Why not just 1 pain free day?

WDH

The Lions are a young team and are definitely a future force to be reckoned with.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sparky1

I think today will be a boring game. Im a pack fan, but i dont expect much from them in the play offs. they've been looking  bad the past couple weeks.  Today they wont play their starters long, at least they better not!! so i would thi think the lions win.
Shaun J

Jeff

The Packers won't pack it in on this game and let the Lions win at Lambo. If the Lions win, it won't be from a Packer decision to let them, that's for sure. I think this game will be far from boring.

Jeff

Okay, I posted to soon, and I am thoroughly disgusted. I was just at Packers.com and saw this:

Gameday Inactives
Green Bay Packers Player   Position
12 Aaron Rodgers    QB
18 Randall Cobb    WR
21 Charles Woodson    CB
44 James Starks    RB
52 Clay Matthews    LB
75 Bryan Bulaga    T
85 Greg Jennings    WR
Detroit Lions Player   Position

Warbird

The 1pm EST games are on right during church Alaska time, so I won't be able to watch this one.  I agree that it's disgusting when they pull players like that but I sort of understand wanting to protect your star players for later in the playoffs, too.

Jeff

I was hoping for a good game, now I am hoping that the Lions can some how totally annihilate and embarrass the packers with a completely lopsided score at Lambo. I'd have never wished that if the packers played their a- team.

The real downer down side of this is, is if the Lions loose. :-\

Warbird

Yeah.  :(  But hey, stay positive and help them pull out a win.  :)

beenthere

Yup, those Lions better win with that Packer strength sittin on the bench.

All on the list but Rodgers (as far as I have heard) are injured or in the late stages of healing. Good to get them some rest for the hard work they've done so far this year. ;)
Plus I would like to see Flynn be the QB and get some serious playing time. Course if he is good, then we stand to lose him to another team. Risk to take.

Playing in the wind and cold and snow at Lambeau should toughen the Pack up for the home field advantage in the playoffs. Good for the Lions too. :)

Go Pack.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Burlkraft

It'll be a running game today. The wind is really blowin' and in gusts.
I hope the Lions can win, if not then they aren't a playoff team yet.

I'll have a better time next week tho if the Lions lose  :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

No, if the Lions win, you will have a better time. If they lose, I'm putting a stink bug in the futon.

beenthere

So far, the Packs second string seems to be holding its own. Not sure the first stringers could do much better. But a lot of game yet to play in the second half.

Sorry Steve. Going to be tough sleepin in that Futon.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Some freaky stuff and bad breaks for the Lions with calls and reviews. Can't blame the Pack for that.  Lions have been a second half team. We'll see what happens.

Jeff

Anybody know where I can get a stink bug?

beenthere

Can't believe there were that many points scored in that game. Some good QB work on both teams.
Knowing Steve, he will be very polite next week. ;)
south central Wisconsin

Jeff

That game certainly was not boring. :)

Norm

Wonder what bookie the refs are using..... :D

sparky1

Quote from: Norm on January 01, 2012, 05:34:00 PM
Wonder what bookie the refs are using..... :D
haha. sure looked that way.

It was the most exciting packer game ive watched all year!!  Detroit will have their hands full next week in New Orleans!!!
Shaun J

WDH

Stink Bug in the Futon!  Stink Bug in the Futon  :D.

The Saints are very good, so the Lions have a big mountain to climb even though there are no mountains in South LA.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Corley5

Yup, the Lions still suck  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sparky1

I think they got a good team, but their coaches have nooo control over that team!! talk about shooting them selves in the foot! it wasnt the first time this year they made dumb penalties, its been all year!!   
Shaun J

Patty

What a great game!! Lots of action, lots of scoring, even the refs got in on the action  ::)

On the other hand the Bronco's game was a real snoozer.  smiley_sleeping
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!