iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jerky

Started by Woodhauler, March 06, 2016, 02:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Have made many different recipes, Found one I like !! Just put some dry rub in a bag and rub it in then put on the treager grill for 4 hours on smoke!!  Did 2 pounds today, half Kansas rub and the other half garlic and herb rub. Its like candy, can't get enough!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Magicman

Sounds good, and Happy Birthday.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

WH,

Sounds real tasty. Do you cut into thin strips or use ground meat and a jerky shooter/gun? The last I made I made was strips cut on a small slicer. I bought a gun on sale last year and next time am going to try that. Looks like it would be a lot faster and more consistent thickness.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Weekend_Sawyer

ooh! Got my mouth watering. I havn't made jerky in too long. What kind of meat did you use, I use deer.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

sawguy21

My bro in law gave us some moose jerky. Karen wasn't a big fan so I ate her share. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WV Sawmiller

My last batch was not that great. I did take it and some dried apples and such with me in September to Glacier Nat'l Park for my daughter's wedding out there. She and my new SIL took the last of it with them back to Canada on their honeymoon and flight home and almost got thrown in the Canadian pokey. Evidently they neglected to declare it (or nobody asked) when they went back into Canada but when they started out they were up front about having it then had to do some tall talking to explain how they had deer meat in Canada but no hunting license. They finally accepted her explanation and let them go.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!