iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A good time at WM in maine

Started by Peter Drouin, April 15, 2012, 09:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

THe ride to maine 3 1/2 hrs was a nice ride , just had to go around the mount :D

looks like it mite be cold :D

well Ann and I made it . when we gut there Ross and Maureen fed us and all 200+ people. and the NY WM men where there too. they had all kinds of mills there and work shops going

and my favorite sawyer Dave Scott was there . he was showing us some new and old ways to cut logs.

They had a raffle and gave away a logright Pv  a chansaw and a full box of blades. my name did not come up :( :D  and then at 12 we all had lunch . it was a good time and all the WM people were most helpfull too.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Looks like congrats are in order for a very successful and enjoyable trip.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bibbyman

The. Wood-Mizer events are always worth attending - be you a seasoned sawyer, just starting out or thinking about buying a mill.

A good time to network, pick up parts, and pick up new ideas.

Check the Wood-Mizer events calendar for a show in your area.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jim_Rogers

I did see that notice about the event, but to tell you the truth, I forgot all about it.

But I spent yesterday with my woodmizer all day anyhow  ;D

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

Peter,should of visited me on the other side of town.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Hi, thecfarm ya I thought about that. but there was not a lot of time after the show and had a 3hr ride home. thanks for the invite :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

dgdrls

I visited the NY guy's today,  Barry looked a bit tired from the Maine show but was helpful as always.

DGDrls

Peter Drouin

jerame said  that WM was comimg out with a new gear box for the big mills that will go up and down faster and hold the head up better. I have to use a brake on the up and down motor to hold the head. not to drif down . the cat is to heavy :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

thecfarm what was the mill I saw in rumford. it look big

the log pile went on for ever

they debark and cut the logs 4' I think then chip them

that looks like a d 8 pushing wood chips. there is a mountain of it :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

That would be New Page. Not doing too good there,but they have not been in the paper about shutting down for a month for a while. Hard to compete with old machines. Have to be fast and just about run by themselves so they don't need as many people to run it. Years ago,when they were booming, they put alot of poplar through that mill. The mill been bought and sold a few times in the last 10 years. It just about closed at one time. I never thought I would see the paper mills going through hard times in the state of Maine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!