iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Battery terminal attacked by Space Fungus

Started by btulloh, September 11, 2018, 08:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btulloh

HM126

Crusarius

Add a little tobasco and you have yourself a tasty snack...

WV Sawmiller

Mix up some baking soda and water and pour on it and it will likely go home. Not sure if the battery is still worth the effort. Better check on that too.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

btulloh

Me too, MM.  A couple years ago I had to replace 14 batteries during a two-month stretch that are on the same life-cycle.  Ouch.  I've got 3 or 4 that need to be replaced now.

This "Unexplained Mystery" on the golf cart reminded me of the show on The Science Channel by that name.  Odd looking photo, wild guesses by a half-dozen expert, mundane explanation.  Well we didn't get a lot of wild guesses, but the thing that looks out of place in the picture was a gravel.  Granite.  Wedged between the terminal and the fill release.  Seems like the granite caused some unusual chemistry to take place.  All good now.

The reason I was under there in the first place was that a cable end failed.  I need a complete new set, but I've been patching them up for a while and one of my patched cables had the wrong type of metal, which led to the failure.  Patched again, but new set on order.
HM126

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

petefrom bearswamp

Have had that stuff in the past on occasion.
Used to pour coke or pepsi on it and took care of the issue.
Batteries seem to last a long time here perhaps because it is not as hot as in the south.
My tractor battery is now 11 yrs old and still cranking just fine.
NOW I have probably jinxed it tho.
Battery in my 2002 chev PU lasted all 8 years I drove it.
Mill batt is another story only made it 5 yrs

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

kelLOGg

Looks like ice cream to me. I'll pass, though.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

petefrom bearswamp

probably the only thing Bud Lite is good for
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Ford_man

I put anew battery in my1978 F350When it was 2 weeks old. The warranty has still not run out. They have replaced it 11 times so far no charge.

Thank You Sponsors!