iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

shed antlers

Started by northwoods1, January 24, 2011, 06:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northwoods1

Anybody ever find one? Seems like they started to fall off early this year. Last month already up here.

DonT

I have quite a few,to many actually.i do not go looking for them but pick them up in my ramblings threw the woodlot.Always find some huge ones that make me wonder where the were during the season.I have a client that has a "bone tree"they have been putting sheds in for a number of years,it is kind of unique when you see it in the middle if the bush.

clww

I have 3 antlers that I've discovered out in the woods. Biggest antler was 7 points and the smallest was a spike, about two inches long. I also have 4 skulls from dead deer I've come across.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

CX3

I am carefully watching the game cam.  It will tell a guy when to go shed hunting.  Just a lil early in my neck of the woods yet
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

fishpharmer

Little early here too.  I usually find a few in the hay fields each year.  Some are nice, and thats where I hunt ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Norm

I jumped up two big bucks on my walk today, both had their antlers still. We go out in late February in our area.

CX3

Right on Norm.  I like to start around Valentines day.  Well the day after :D
You Better Believe It!

sandhills

I found one with the back tire of my tractor once, I have no idea why it didn't puncture it. The only reason I knew it was there is because it wedged in and hit the fender on the way up and made one of those really loud noises you don't ever want to hear when you're cutting silage.

SwampDonkey

I find moose sheds around here once in awhile because I have a lot more moose than deer.

As you can see from the tracks, the coyotes are curious about sheds to. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Probably wondering where the meat went  ???  I hope, one day, to collect a moose antler.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Naw, they probably just came from the dead cow carcass pile on the back of the farm. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

One time we were hunting and had a trailer parked in a pit. Not far from there was a spot where DNR dumps dead deer road kills. Well the coyotes went nuts around there at night, as we had spaniel bird dogs in the back of the truck under a topper and both parties howled back and forth all night. Grandfather did get out the shot gone once in the night and made some noise, but they never went far away. :D :D

CX3

Quote from: Magicman on January 25, 2011, 08:22:52 AM
Probably wondering where the meat went  ???  I hope, one day, to collect a moose antler.

I had to laugh a little.  I pictured you walking around in Mississippi looking for a moose antler on the beach :D
You Better Believe It!

SwampDonkey

Hey never know. Maybe some Indian traded it for a catfish or a spear head. ;) I wonder if one could have washed down from Minnesota. ;)

clww

Them wood chucks would just toss it in the pond just like his firewood! :D :D ;D :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

Quote from: CX3 on January 25, 2011, 04:44:47 PM
I pictured you walking around in Mississippi looking for a moose antler on the beach :D 

Quote from: clww on January 25, 2011, 04:57:30 PMThem wood chucks would just toss it in the pond just like his firewood! :D :D ;D :D

No beach anywhere close to where I live,  no moose antlers either.  Now, I guess I know why.    smiley_furious3    :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!