iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tach/hour meter for (diesel) LT-15?

Started by Piston, October 07, 2010, 04:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piston

I found plenty of combination tach/hour meters for gas engines but can someone recommend a decent one for the little ole LT 15 diesel? 
I think the website www.tinytach.com has some but I can't open the webpage.  I don't know if it's my internet or they're website.

How would it attach?  I see most run off the spark plug wire which I just can't seem to find on the 10hp diesel??
I'll keep looking....  :D :D :D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

sgschwend

Who made the engine?  I would look at the options from the maker, then you could look for similar add-on part makers.  You could also use two instruments: 1) tach, 2) hour meter.
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

Magicman

A 12 VDC hour meter would be simple.  For a tach you could use a magnetic pickup (such as a bicycle speedometer) on any number of turning parts.  You could then use a mechanical tach for calibration.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warren

Piston,

FF memebr Captian used to sell them.   It has a pickup that clamps to the injector line.   Pretty reasonable price.   If Captian does not have one "over the counter"  I still have one, New In Bag at home, someplace.   

Let me know if Captain does not have one,  I will dig around for mine...

Warren
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

sdunston

I was able to open there site and it appears they use a transducer mounted to the injector line as a singel, Not a bad price and also has other display's, like hour meter and a maintance meter.
Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

tjhammer

how do you get intouch with the captain the old site is off line

tj
hammer

Piston

I'll PM Captain today and ask him about it.  I'll let you know if he has other's just in case anyone else wants one.  Thanks for the recommendation  ;)
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Captain

Here's the one.  Just need to know your injector fuel line diameter.  Works as Warren stated.
Sorry folks, the old website is closed.  Just PM me here on the forum with questions.

Captain

http://tinytach.com/tinytach/diesel.php

Piston

Thanks Craig,
I noticed that when I pm'd you yesterday it was your 8 year anniversary of being on the forum.  Happy anniversary.
:D :D
-Matt

Thank You Sponsors!