iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Central Boiler E-classic 1450 new installation

Started by Northenguy, October 09, 2014, 07:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northenguy

Hi guys,

First post as a registered user but I've been following the posts here for a while. I would just like to thank you all for posting such valuable info on here, I've just fired up my new e-classic 1450 today after finishing up the installation. I found most of the answers I had regarding OWBs on this forum which lead to my decision of buying one. It is really nice to have a forum where every post doesn't end up derailing on EPA ratings or "dont buy an OWB or a kitty will die"

Here are some pics of my install, time will tell but so far I am really happy with my install.

thanks!

- Central Boiler E-classic 1450

WmFritz

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Northernguy.

I have to agree with you... nice looking install. But, I need more info on that New Holland.
Is that a rear end loader or is my computer screen broken? That's the first I've ever seen, but I don't get out much.  ;D

The barrels must be antifreeze?
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Northenguy

haha your screen is not broken my tractor looks weird :) it is a TV6070,  the seat and console swivel 180 degrees front to back so you can drive it looking fwd or aft, it is like having 2 tractors. The loader is usually installed aft of the tractor because  you have a better view of what you are doing, you control the loader with pedals like a bobcat and drive the tractor with the steering wheel/ hydrostatic lever.

It is very useful in the winter time, I have an hydraulic plow in the front and a big snowblower in the back so you are always facing forward when plowing or blowing snow, easier on the neck :)

Thanks!

Northenguy

And yes barrels are propylene glycol, temps get down to -60 here in the winter time, I didnt want to have to worry about having water outside at those temps lol

thecfarm

Northenguy,welcome to the forum. You will like having a OWB.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

10mmJ

That is one sweet New Holland!

Dry wood is your friend.  I am 1 month into my second heating season with my 1450 and I love it. 
Central Boiler E-Classic 1450
Mahindra 3016
MTD 25 ton splitter

Thank You Sponsors!