iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Super Split

Started by NWP, October 11, 2014, 11:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWP

I'm considering buying a Super Split electric model to resplit for bundles. I would leave it stationary inside and bring the wood to it. Anyone use one of these for this purpose?  Pros/cons?  Thanks
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

Holmes

I have an electric super splitter , older one I bought used. Works GREAT  you will get a lot of production out of it. I had my apprentice split a couple of cords last weekend , including kindling, he was shocked at the ease and speed of the SS. He and his dad have a hydraulic splitter
Think like a farmer.

thecfarm

I have no idea how one would work for that,but I saw one at a show with an electric motor. That is the way to go. Seemed odd to see that split with no noise from a motor.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

NHMike

I got my SS back in April.  Love it!  One thing I have heard about the electric is to go with 220. Otherwise you will keep popping the circuit breaker on bigger rounds.

I just split 6 plastic tubs worth of kindling this weekend.

You will not regret getting it.  Which model are you looking at?  I have the J model.

Oliver1655

MWP,  I believe Sam-tip, Waukee, IA (SW - Des Moines) on AS site has a HD model he wants to sell.  He takes great care of his equipment & it has not had a lot of use, probably less than 100 cords.

He bought a special edition to replace it.
John

Stihl S-08s (x2), Stihl S10 (x2), Jonsered CS2139T, Husqvarna 338XPT California, Poulan Microvibe XXV, Poulan WoodShark, Poulan Pro 42cc, McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 (x2), Van Ruder Hydraulic Tractor Chainsaw

sam-tip

I do what you want in the winter.  I take the gas motor off and put an electric on for use in the garage.  Works ok for making larger split pieces into very small pieces.  The electric only has one belt so it slips a little.  But better than being outside or sniffing fumes.  The electric with mount was about $200 plus I still have the gas motor for outside work.   I would say less than 20 hours on the SS HD.  We ran it hard this past weekend for a charity cut and the hour meter only showed 4 hours use for the full day.  Lots of break and long lunches I guess.  My motor is 110 volt but runs on a 15 amp circuit. 

Edit
Sorry no longer available.  One of the parties that used it at the charity cut this weekend just confirmed they want it.  Best part for me is they are willing bring it to future Charity Cuts. 

Central Boiler E3200 WiFi
Many many ported chainsaws. 201 to 3120
TM log splitter pro30 6 way head
D&L 1020 swing blade sawmill for slabbing
Timberking 1220

Thank You Sponsors!