iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Elk Hunt 2013

Started by Magicman, March 09, 2013, 04:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Plan "W" made an improvement with the Granddaughter's wedding date being moved to October 26th, so we now have smooth sailing, and are back to Plan "A".

I did the Colorado online applications this morning. Marty should be assured of getting an Elk license with 10 Preference Points in a 7 PP Unit. I applied for a PP which should give me a better chance for a 1st season license next year.

Beginning last year, only one of us will actually hunt with the other acting as the guide/grunt. That way, we hunt together and can better enjoy our time with each other.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rooster 58

Good luck MM  ;) I put in for a new Mexico Bull tag this year 8)  I won't know until April 24th.

thecfarm

Yes,Magicman good luck.I know how much you enjoy hunting with Marty.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rooster 58

The application deadline for New Mexico is today! I have to wait until April 24th to find out if I was successful. ::)

rooster 58

Well, I was not successful in drawing a bull tag :(  now the outfitter is looking for a landowner tag

Magicman

Marty should know very soon whether he drew his Colorado elk tag.  Since he had the necessary preference points, it should be guaranteed.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

8) 8) 8) Back from one trip,planing for the next one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Yup, I realize that life moves fast.  If I want to keep up, I also have to keep moving and planning.  My "bucket list" stays full to the top.  I cross one item off and add two.   :)

rooster 58

Way to go Magicman ;) I never heard anyone say they wish they could have pounded that last nail, laid that last brick, sawed that last board etc.

Ken

An elk hunt is certainly on my bucket list.  I've love to hear an elk answer a call.  Must send shivers up your spine and get the heart pounding.  I've had that experience with moose and it is an adrenaline rush for sure. 

Good luck with the draw.

Cheers
Ken
Lots of toys for working in the bush

petefrom bearswamp

Good luck MM
Made my last hunt in Jackson hole WY last Oct.
Can't walk any distance anymore.
Did get a cow tho.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

Congrats.  Any legal elk is a trophy.   ;D

rooster 58

Well, it looks like I'll be going to new Mexico this year 8) I have a muzzleloader tag locked up for sure, but I'm trying to obtain an archery tag ;D

clww

Great hunting in NM, too. ;)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Sonofman

I have a niece just outside Delta Jct AK. Her husband has been bugging me about coming up and hunting moose or brown bear. I think I will take him up on it in a year or two. Just too good of an oportunity, you never know when they might move back down here.
Located due west of Due West.

Magicman

I checked and Marty now has "0" Preference Points. That means that he drew his Colorado Unit 49 1st season Elk tag.  smiley_thumbsup  After burning all of my Preference Points on a Unit 61 tag last year, I now have one Point.  Our license plan is working.  Now it is back to working to slap my butt back into climbing shape.

hardtailjohn

It almost started early here last night.... looked out the window and there's a bunch standing in the meadow, eating my hay! hahaa
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Magicman

I went to the Colorado website and was able to officially check Marty's draw. It said that he was successful.

"ELK    SUCCESSFUL    LIMITED LICENSE FOR 1ST CHOICE: EM049O1R    2013"

We (actually he) will be hunting near Fairplay, Co.  I will be a tag-along and accompany him such as he did on my last year's Elk hunt.

clww

Congratulations to you both! :) :) :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

The hunt is on!!!!!!!

iffy

our group had 1 preference point and the unit we were drawing in to traditionally takes 0 - 1 points. We did not draw. Talked to my barber and his group didn't draw either, and they have never had a problem before. Wonder if  dow is reducing tags this yr. I know we saw hardly any elk last yr.

Magicman

I have read on hunting forums that the number of tags were reduced in some Units.

Magicman

Marty's Elk tag came in yesterday's mail.   :)

This year's plans are coming together.  "We (actually he) will be hunting near Fairplay, Co.  I will be a tag-along and accompany him such as he did on my last year's Elk hunt."    smiley_thumbsup

petefrom bearswamp

Good luck to your hunting partner and have a great trip!
Do you hunt on your own or guided?
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!