iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's it worth?

Started by Tom Sawyer, June 06, 2008, 04:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

I am going to an auction tomorrow.  This Mobile Dimension 128 is going to be there.  What's it worth?  I am not going to buy it, just curious to see what it goes for compared to what you guys think it is worth.

Tom

StorminN

Good question! It looks like a homebrewed electric version (John on here will know for sure). I'd be curious to know what hp motor that green one is, and if it comes with the starter / soft start / control panel, etc. All the factory electric MD mills I've seen pictures of use two electric motors... one for the main blade, one for the edgers...

-Norm.
Happiness... is a sharp saw.

Tom Sawyer

Well, I went to the auction, but everything that I was interested in sold well before the mill, and since it was DanG hot here today I left before they sold it.  It was well weathered (had a swallow's nest in the frame ::)), but it did come with a gas engine that had been taken off and replaced with the electric.  Hopefully someone will be able to get it going and get some use out of it.

Tom

sawmill_john

The pictured mill is an after-market electirc conversion, we never made a single motor electric, or a duel (gas-electric) mill.
The value of used mills are such a hard thing to figure over the phone or from a picture.  There are lots of littler things that could be bad.

Firebass

Quote from: sawmill_john on June 07, 2008, 07:27:07 PM
The pictured mill is an after-market electirc conversion, we never made a single motor electric, or a duel (gas-electric) mill.
The value of used mills are such a hard thing to figure over the phone or from a picture.  There are lots of littler things that could be bad.

Hey there Sawmill_john, you should come over and take a look at my swing mill sometime.  I'm just across the river and up from you a few miles.

Firebass

sawmill_john

Sure, I'm always up for checkin' out something new!
I checked out a few of your pic's and, your mill looks like you've done a great job!  Did you used to have a MDS?

Thank You Sponsors!