iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

gearomatic model 9

Started by drlewis, November 02, 2014, 03:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drlewis

the model 9 on my c4 has been acting up, somedays works perfect other days wants to feed in and out about 4 to 6 in on freespool . pulls good ,brakes good . this morning when i hitched up and started pulling i was hearing a thumping sound . drop hitch and pull it in go,s away then comes back.  i am i losing a bearing some place,didnt do it yesterday. thanks

RunningRoot

Sounds as tho your bands are out of adjustment.. the going in and out is just one small spot of the band making contact with the drum as it rotates..

I would check the band clearance and go from there... Diagnose/fix it before you determine you need new bearings...

Sorry I'm not of much help.... The model 9 is really easy to work on but it is a finicky winch, I have a few places that are good on parts for the model 9 so IM me if you end up needing something..
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

drlewis

thanks i took  the side covers off today  found no broken parts, but its worn will need new bans adjusted them works better still grabs on freespool  going to do it again in morning .try to find a workable setting. going to need a new chain ,this one is to long  thanks for the help

drlewis

i ended up with two new  bans got them at pb and h . they are a hour from me. now it works like new.thanks  dan

tantoy

Quote from: drlewis on November 06, 2014, 04:36:05 PM
i ended up with two new  bans got them at pb and h . they are a hour from me. now it works like new.thanks  dan
Dan, did they need your old ones as cores or do they just sell them outright? About how much were they if you don't mint, thanks
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

drlewis

needed to give them old ones. cost was 175 for narrow ban ,225  for wide ban. i used hacksaw blade for adjustment. pulls great now . they said they send them to oregon to be lined dan

Woodboogah

Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Thank You Sponsors!