iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arborwear clothes

Started by RSteiner, December 31, 2009, 10:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSteiner

I have been looking at Arborwear clothes for a while but didn't want to part with $$.
A couple of weeks ago I was comparing the Carhart pants with the Arborwear pants and decided to give the Arborwear a try.

I really like the fit and feel over the Carharts that were similar.  The Arborwear material seems heavier but more supple.  Time will tell if they wear as well.

For Christmas I gave my son one of the Arborwear double thick hooded sweatshirts.  He wore it while ice fishing a few days later and told me he really liked the lenght and it kept him warm.

I was wondering if anyone else has any experience with the Arborwear products?

Randy
Randy

Don K

Is there a online retailer for this line or do they sell off a website. I guess I could quit being lazy and look for myself. ;D

Don

I love Carhart, if tthese are any better I couldn't stand it.
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Jeff

The owners are friends with Tammy and Kevin at Logrite. They have tried to get them interested in the Forum in the past to no avail.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ironwood

I like them. I occasionally teat myself.  Nice stuff.

Ironwoood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Norm

Quote from: Ironwood on December 31, 2009, 11:40:28 PM

99% of the time I ignore typing errors but that one is just too good to. :D

bill m

I have been wearing Arborwear for about 10 years. I have both the summer weight and regular weight pants. I like the summer ones better. The only problem I have had is the back pocket for my wallet wearing out. For winter I wear Riggs Wear ( made by Wrangler ) with thinsulate lining.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Ironwood

Norm,

I cant remember the brand name for the teet, but I 'll leave it be, that is funny.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Norm

I hoped you wouldn't take it the wrong way, sometimes my sense of humor or what strikes me as funny is a little slanted. :)

thecfarm

Not that it matters,but I have never noticed of Arborwear. I did a search and no store carries it within 60 miles of me.Would not let me go more than that.I do have it in some of my catalogs,just never saw it.Carhart is big here in Maine.I can think of 4 differant chain stores that carry it,and those are just the ones I go in to.I can go anywheres here and see people with Carhart on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ironwood

I met them at a timber show (Sawlex) . One of the challenges for me is sizing. I wish they did have a distributor chain. I REALLY need to try things on. BIG thighs (all muscle of course ::), and used to have a smaller waist), so waist size always means questionable space for legs. Although with age increasing waist makes less of an issue. I just need to try things on (pants). Great products.

Ironwood

tonto

Doesn't Bailey's sell Arborwear. Tonto.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

DR Buck

I bought 2 of the pull-over long sleeve shirts from them at SAWLEX in Youngstown OH a few years back.  I really liked them.  They were heavy  but comfortable to wear.   But I've  but have worn them out and they are now in the rag bag.    I've looked for them at a few of the last shows but have never run across them again.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

stumpy

I've had three pair of Arborwear double knee pants and a few pair of Carhartts.  They are both high quality products.  The problem is the price.  I switched to Wild Ass doubles from Baileys and believe they are every bit as good.  The last just as long and cost almost half.
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Ironwood

The Youngstown show is where I saw them as well. I looked for them in the Sawlex in Morgantown this past year and did not see them.

Ironwood

york

Arborwear-both Sherrill tree and Baileysonline.com have it....
Albert

Kevin

I have a couple of pairs of pants, the service is fantastic.
I called to get an in-between size and the gal measured a few pair and found what I was looking for.
I'm due for a couple more .

downeast

Had good luck with Sierra Trading Post IF you know your Carhartt size. Great prices well below our "discount' places here in Maine , free shipping if you guess their catalog riddle, and good service for returns. They may have Arborwear also.
We've used them for years for outdoor and work gear.

neslrite

We have a long history with the arborwear family.

I met them at the Sawlex show when it was in the parking lot in Youngstown, OH.  Kevin really liked the clothes.  Unfortunately, they do not make pants for women.
We wear lots of their clothes (shirts, jackets, hats, tshirts).  We joke that Kevin is the posterchild for them because other than his westco boots and underwear everything is Arborwear.

We have gone out to visit them in Ohio and seen the cabin and warehouse.  Our son has tried on clothes right in the middle of the warehouse!

The employees are all honest people and fun to be around especially that Jake guy in the warehouse.  Although, I hear Candy can be a lot of fun, but I missed her performance in Baltimore this fall.

Their clothes really do ware well! 

I only have one thing against Arborwear - they have such satisfied fans/customers that one guy actually tattooed the Arborwear logo across his chest---I am so JEALOUS that logrite doesn't have someone with a tattoo of our logo!

Tam I Am
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Ironwood

Tam I am,

Some honest hard working women I know swear by these:

http://www.redantspants.com/index.php

Ironwood

Skip

I buy off of them every year at Paul Bunyan Show beats carh. and others buy a mile wear and fit great.

RSteiner

Thanks for the feedback.

There is a store in my area that carries Arborwear clothes, Sam's.  They have a store in Brattleboro, VT and one in Keene, NH.  When I spend that much on clothes I want to see them and try them on before I buy.

Glad to hear that some of you have had good experiences with them.

Randy

Randy

motohed

Quote from: Ironwood on December 31, 2009, 11:40:28 PM

Ironwoood

Ironwood is that part of the cow tipping process  or .......... :D

Ironwood

Grew up working on a dairy farm, gotta say never tipped a cow. I have drug a few w/ a backhoe and buried them though(they had aready tipped over of natural causes) :-\ :D

Ironwood

jpcj-7

We all have been very happy with our Arborwear clothing! So happy in fact that we started selling the full line in our Hardware/Lumber Store! I got my first pair of pants 7-8 years ago @ the Paul Bunyan Show in Nelsonville, Ohio and never stopped wearing Arborwear since, Double-Thicks are great (I really LOVE the new full-zip!) They now have the new flannel lined pants, nice and warm, but not too warm for working outside! The Tech Pants are great also, pricey, but worth it and I wear my Estimator Pants with a sport coat when I need to get dressed up! But I still wear the Original Tree Climbers' Pant more than any other, it is just a great long lasting pair of pants!   

Thank You Sponsors!