Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on April 08, 2014, 08:14:57 PM
There are really 3 ways to spell "grits"
GRITS,Girls Rasied In The South.
grits,some would call it something to eat
grits,showing no respect for them.

Its the last one you better be scared of!  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

petefrom bearswamp

Havent been on this thread for some time.
Boy am I glad I started a spirited discussion.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

thecfarm

I don't know POSTON,that second one can be kinda scary in the hands of Magicman in my driveway.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

Quote from: thecfarm on April 08, 2014, 08:14:57 PM
There are really 3 ways to spell "grits"
GRITS,Girls Rasied In The South.
grits,some would call it something to eat
grits,showing no respect for them.

grits, showing less respect    ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

Quote from: thecfarm on April 09, 2014, 08:40:28 AMthat second one can be kinda scary in the hands of Magicman in my driveway.  ;D
Then be afraid.  Be very afraid.   move_it
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

For once in my life I am looking forward to being afraid. Very afraid. Even if it does have something to do with a veggie.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

8)  I am a bad man.  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

We could have told you that. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

But he can not say that he wasn't warned.   ;D

petefrom bearswamp

Hey Lynn
Can you send me some real GRITS instead of the instant kind so I re connect with my very short time in the south?
I am willing to reimburse you for some.
I am thinking about re locating to Florida for the cold cold cold winter months are grits available there ?
Pete
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

We do not use "Instant Grits" and actually prefer Bob's Red Mill Yellow Grits.  I could ship them, but I doubt that I could beat this deal, especially the shipping cost.  This is 4 ea. 24 oz packages for $11.95 + $7.25 shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-Polenta-24-Ounce/dp/B001KUSL1E

Salt, pepper, & butter.

Mooseherder

Grits are definitely available in Florida if you move here Pete.
You'll have no problem finding them anywhere.

Magicman

I meant to add that 96 oz of Grits is a buncha Grits, like a year's worth.  Keep them tightly closed and in the refrigerator.

Texas Ranger

That much grits he could sand his driveway   8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

red oaks lumber

if grits are all the rage in the south , why don't they use them on all the cooking shows? i have never heard mention of them. most shows feature cooks from the south. just sayin  :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

thecfarm

Why would all them mighty fine cooks want to put something in thier food that would make it taste bad????  ::)   

red oaks lumber

thats what i'm sayin :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Permits are very expensive to obtain for TV stations wanting to reveal Grits recipes.  :)

House Autry now sells grits with different veggies and other stuff in them. Hard to find though.
I have a friend of a friend of a neighbor's first cousin's Sister who has a college buddy's phone number of an Uncle that can get you some.

Magicman

Quote from: red oaks lumber on April 19, 2014, 05:58:44 PMif grits are all the rage in the south
I have never known Grits to be much of anything other than a side dish.  Nothing special.  The only rage that I have ever seen or known seems to be right here on the FF.

I have read many threads that date back to 2002, etc. and many of them include Grits, so the fascination has been here since the early FF beginning.  ???  So I don't know??

thecfarm

The only reason I started the Great grit Debate and Bashing because some people was trying to tell all the members how great they are.  ???  ::)  To think the turning point was when I said,why do you have to mix something good with them,to make them taste good? That pushed a few over the edge.  ;D  Just as I wanted.   ;D

red oaks lumber

so m.m. what your sayin is they really arent that good :D

petefrom bearswamp

Thanks MM I think I'll try Walmart and only get one package.
If i do get 4 and don't like them maybe Ill keep them in the car to put under the wheels if i get stuck on ice.
after all they are called grits for a reason right?
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

WmFritz

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on April 19, 2014, 08:49:37 PM

I have a friend of a friend of a neighbor's first cousin's Sister who has a college buddy's phone number of an Uncle that can get you some.

Now I've got to sit down... I just got very dizzy.   smiley_dizzy smile_juggle smiley_dizzy
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Grits Chips???? Yep...gott'em!

Check out this link for delicious flavors. Nobody can eat just 1.  :D

http://gritchips.com/wordpress/our-flavors/

Dave Shepard

Shouldn't that be nobody can even eat one?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!