iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Burned Stump Cherry Cobbler

Started by Mooseherder, July 02, 2014, 06:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

We burned a few Quaking Aspen Stumps around the cabin while on vacation.  They just didn't want to go away easily.
My experience with the slash pine stumps down here is that they are much more cooperative even burning below the ground line.

I made a Cherry Cobbler in a pot lined with tin foil on the 4th day of the burning.  You can see the stump on the right was almost done but not quite.   The one on the left was massive and just kept shrinking away painfully slow.  It is now flush with the ground but not quite done.  We'll burn again on the next trip.  The ingredients were 4 cans Cherry pie filling, 1 box yellow cake mix, , 1 cup of Sprite, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 stick of butter.  Sorry no pictures because I was busy feeding guests but rather simple and delicious to make. :)

luvmexfood

Sounds good. Interesting about the cake mix. Never thought of that. If you just had some good vanilla ice cream.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

drobertson

What a way to make good with an eye sore.  Sounds like a similar Dutch oven deer camp recipe.  Their all good like that.  but cherries is kinda my favorite ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Mooseherder

I can't stress enough making sure your pan sides and bottom is completely covered by tin foil.  Mine was about 90% and some cherry filling boiled over from the side to the bottom leaving quite a cleanup.  Actually the pot may never be the same.  ::)

drobertson

Oh yea, the ole stuck on the side trick!  yea that's a mess for sure,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!