iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How does ther power feed work on lt 15/lt28

Started by Jeremy2200, August 10, 2011, 08:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy2200

Got a question for everyone. I have a lt 15 and i was looking around on woodmizer's website today. I like what i see on the lt 28. Wish they would have had a deal that good back in march when i bought my mill. Anyways i was thinking of selling my lt 15 and going with the lt28 but i was wondering if someone could tell me how the powerfeed works on the lt 28. Does it feed off the rope system like the crank feed on my lt 15 or what, can you controll the speed of the feed on it. Just wondering, not even sure if i could sell my lt 15 or not but it is set up on a trailer.

JMoore

It uses a 12v motor and chain you can easily adjust forward speed with a rheostat but reverse is wide open and when you get back  to home it jumps teeth on the chain which is a little annoying but it works well.

Chuck White

Operates just like the feed on the LT40's.

12v DC motor with a series of sprockets and a length of roller chain.

JMore; If your feed motor is jumping teeth when you get to the end of the chain, either the sprocket or the chain need a little adjustment.  When the mill head gets to the end of the chain, the mill head should just stop.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Piston

Is this the same autofeed that is optional on the LT15?  Do I understand correctly that when you get to the end of cut, and return the mill to the beginning, it will automatically stop itself at the end of the mill?  (as in, the start position for the next cut)
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

JMoore

[piston] No its not automatic you have a forward and reverse shift lever the speed is wide open in reverse and when you put it in nuetral it stops very quickly and if you dont stop it in time it will hit a stop block.
{chuck white }  Thanks ill check that i assumed since it did it during the demo at the woodmizer place it was just normal. I think iy would still be a great improvement if you could adjust  revers speed as well.

millwright

Do you guys with WMs use the direction control or the speed control to stop the head when you get to the end of a cut?

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Jasperfield

Can Wood-Mizer still provide an LT-28 with the manual, rope controlled, feed system?

Thank You Sponsors!