iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 208 winch valve section for hercules winch

Started by redneck, June 09, 2013, 06:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redneck

I am reading 600 psi presure at idle speed at the brake cylinder for my hercules winch and should only be at 450.  When i ref up the engine it climbs to a max of 700psi.  Thats too much for my comfort I don't want to crush the spring in the  brake cyl. or of have another packing gone in the brake cylinder. 
Can i reduce the presure to the brake cylinder by turning a screw or something on the winch valve section?
I have a service manual on the computer but can't seem to post the diagram of the winch valve section i want.  I will try again latter
Thanks
208 timberjack 353 detroit, case 580 super K backhoe, homemade bandmill, 357xp, 372xpg

beenthere

Quotebut can't seem to post the diagram of the winch valve section i want

If you have "Print Screen" on your computer, hit it when the image you want to post is on the screen.
Then go to the Paint program (if you have a PC computer) and do alt-V which will paste that image into paint.
In Paint, there is an outline box in the menu, click that and outline the portion of the image you want to save. Then click alt-C to copy that portion.
Click on "File", then "New" and answer "No", and again click alt-V to paste the portion of the image you want.

Can then "Save As" to a .jpg file and that will make a good image to load in your gallery. Much quicker than writing it out. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

redneck

I think i will take a picture of the page in my service manual that has the winch valve section in it and try to post that.  Its much easier when we can see what were talking about..

208 timberjack 353 detroit, case 580 super K backhoe, homemade bandmill, 357xp, 372xpg

redneck

Finally i got the picture to my gallery!
thanks for the help! here is the diagram bellow

redneck

#11 is a relief valve  but i see no spring unless its inside
#5 is  a spring but i think its for cenering the spool vavle. 
Maybe this relief valve is preset at 450 psi and not adjustable

thanks for looking

bushmechanic

If the relief valve is preset then the pressure is written on the top of it and you can see it without taking it out of the valve section. And your right about the #5 being the centering spring. I had one of those go once on the release function and you could hear the load on the engine and it eventually blew the pump seal out.

redneck

Ok That could be, i will clean it off and take a better look.

jwilly3879

On our 240 there are two relief valves, one for winch and one for release. Relief on release side was bad and caused the hydraulic lines to chatter when in freespool. New relief fixed it. I believe it was 650psi.

redneck

Mine are have stamped on them 550 psi.  One is running a little high at 650 psi but I am going to continue with it and see how it works out.   Service manual says they should be at 450 psi.

Found out that a new one is about 200 dollars,  they say that there is nothing that can be adjusted in them.

Bcote

Hey guys, having problems  with my hurcules winch, can a problem in the valve cause the clutch piston to stick engaged? only stops when in neutral or clutch in. thanks 

Neilo

I think you have a brake problem, will the drum wind in if you hook onto a tree, or only free line?

If it's only free line, the spring in the brake cylinder might be broken.

Thank You Sponsors!