iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Book recommendation???

Started by dail_h, January 07, 2014, 10:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

I recently got a shaper as part payment for some work I did. Know useful for mouldings,, n cabinet work...but looking for other uses,n jigs ,tips, n set up. Anybody kno a good shaper book I could get to get ideas????

Thanks Dail
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

mesquite buckeye

Cabinet making and millwork, by John Feirer. 1970 has a nice section on wood shapers as well as many other woodworking tools. You can usually get one cheap used. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

t f flippo

Definitely the one Mesquite recommends.Also Shaper HandBook by Eric Stephenson and Getting the Most out of Your Shaper reprinted by Linden Publishing.I think the last one is from the 'How to ' series from Delta years ago and I have an extra copy if it helps you.

dail_h

Thanks guys,, I'll see if can find one of those
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Texas Ranger

Useful in trimming your fingers if you get careless.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Larry

I also have Shaper Handbook by Eric Stephenson and can recommend it.

As a complement you might get The Shaper Book by Lonnie Bird.

Another and maybe the best, is How To Run A Shaper by Delta.  I think it is only available as a pdf but is free.  Check the vintage machinery site for the source.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!