iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wanted MS260/026 Parts or Parts Saw & Tech ??

Started by Steve Sr, March 01, 2003, 06:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Sr

WANTED MS260/026 PARTS or PARTS SAW

I was out doing volunteer trail maintenance after our December ice storm and my 9 month old MS260 Pro got run over by a tree. OUCH!  :( It broke enough parts (mostly plastic) to exceed the cost of the saw to buy new parts. So now I'm on the lookout for used parts or a dead saw to use for parts. Yea, I know this is a new model so used parts will be scarce fo a while. I'll keep my eye on eBay but in case any of you know of or have any of the following for sale please let me know:

The parts I need are :

16" .325 bar
Chain brake handle
Main handle
Gas tank / handle assembly
Muffler
Top cover shroud
Cylinder?

QUESTIONS FOR THE STIHL TECHS

1. The cylinder got one heat sink fin broken. Unfortunately it is the one split by the spark plug at the top of the cylinder which is in a critical location. Making it worse it is on the bar side of the cylinder away from the airflow. How big of a problem is this likely to be assuming I get the rest of the saw put back together. Is the extra heat liable to cause pinging or other engine overheating issues?

2. Are the cylinders from a 260 and an 026 interchangeable? Have they made any porting improvements to the 260 to make it not interchange with the older 026?

3. Are the mufflers interchangeable between a 260 and 026? Is there a difference in mounting or size that would make them not interchangeable?

4. Will an 026 gas tank assembly fit on the 260? I know they changed the gas cap part of the tank but did they change the part that attaches to the saw?

Thanks for any help or advice you have to offer. You can contact me directly at:

slund347 "AT" ieee "DOT" org  <---- some assembly required!

Steve

P.S. If there are any other chainsaw forums I would apppreciate a pointer to them.

Oregon_Rob

"P.S. If there are any other chainsaw forums I would apppreciate a pointer to them. "

http://www.arboristsite.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=9

Chainsaw Nerd

Kevin

Call your insurance company, maybe it's covered.

Thank You Sponsors!