iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' ???

Started by Magicman, December 23, 2014, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

So ya think that my Orange Sawmill is gonna turn into a Pumpkin at midnight?? 

I say if da slipper fits....wear it!!   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

I had a fleeting image of the gentleman from Knothole Sawmill with mask, apron and bare feet sitting there instead of Cinderella.  :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Southside

Oh no!! Not the bare feet again!!  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SawyerTed

Magicman, with a "helper" like her around the sawmill, you shouldn't ever have a shortage of strong tailgunners.   :)
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Magicman

No shortage of tailgunners here.

Stacking lumber.

Shoveling sawdust.

And then hop in the John Deere and bring me another log.  Probably one of the smoothest FEL operators that I have ever seen.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

garyfg

was that today  pretty cold here

Magicman

No not today, just defending my ability to secure reliable tailgunners.  :D  8)

SawyerTed

:D :D No defense needed!  She's cut from the same cloth as the women in my family!   Good for you my friend!  A family that raises girls to become strong independent women is a strong family! 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

rjwoelk

Ok i just had to change the batteries in my pacemaker. :o
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Magicman

See there, if you stayed away from those Glaciers maybe you wouldn't need that pacemaker.  ;D

paul case

Quote from: Magicman on December 03, 2018, 10:57:09 AM
I did something productive like putting a rear end in a lazyboy.  smiley_sleeping
More well known as one of the many forms of redneck mechanicin'.
PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: paul case on December 06, 2018, 08:08:38 AM
Quote from: Magicman on December 03, 2018, 10:57:09 AM
I did something productive like putting a rear end in a lazyboy.  smiley_sleeping
More well known as one of the many forms of redneck mechanicin'.
PC
Were you able to reach everyting from the top side or did you have to get right underneath it?
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Darrel

MagicMan would hire it out if he had to get under it. :D
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Jim_Rogers

I left a big white pine log on the mill overnight.
This morning there was a drip from the log:

Wasn't one of the straightest ones either:

But it will make the pieces I need for my orders.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Crossroads

I did a job this spring that was a husband wife combo for tail gunners. She was a little thing, maybe 99# with a roll of quarters in her pocket. I was impressed with the way she handled the boards and never slowed down. 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Magicman

Yuck, glad you saw that sticky before you got covered with it Jim.

Yup, never sell the ladies short.  ::)

fishfighter

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Magicman on December 06, 2018, 09:40:09 PM
Yuck, glad you saw that sticky before you got covered with it Jim.

That was ice or water not sap. Just wanted to show how wet the timber was and how cold the air was.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Magicman

OK, I occasionally see such from Pine logs and it is never water/ice. 

Darrel

You had me fooled too Jim. I've seen sticky yuck like that on ponderosa pine more than once. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

E-Tex

My first BIG job coming up.......74 SYP
LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

E-Tex

Did a monster earlier in the week.  36" at the butt and 54" at the crotch.  It took some chainsaw time and a while to bibby down just to get ready to slab up into 10/4.  Road trip 131 miles away.  Good Day!!!

LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

Magicman

Nice SYP and typical Texas terrain.   smiley_thumbsup

Take your chainsaw and whack those butts off smooth before you even start sawing.  ;)  The chances are that as soon as you saw one the customer will saw the rest.  He would not want all of those board ends looking like that.  :-\

Raym

Some ambrosia maple sawn 3/16". These will be bands for some shaker oval boxes. This is some really pretty stuff.

'14-LT40 super, nyle l200m kiln, vintage case 480E loader.

It's not the fool that askith, it's the fool that agreeith.

Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!