iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I needed one ... so A pokey dot press And a mill

Started by isawlogs, June 24, 2005, 07:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

I was in need of a press to put some bearings in a hub . Got a few things together and hot glued it together .
  I bought a 20 ton hydraulic jack , 2 eye bolts and 2 springs to bring the jack back up .
  This is what came of it ...

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tom

isawlogs

Thanks Tom ,
   Works good to ... now the big decision is what color to put it .  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tom

Most of those commercial presses are red.  So, I would paint it Lavender with green trim. :D :D

Fla._Deadheader

I vote Pokey dotted.  ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

isawlogs

Tom ...   When I was in school we only had but 8 colors to choose from .  ;D

Marcel

pasbuild

I paint everything a rust color that way when it does get rusty it don't show so much ;)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

ScottAR

I usually just pick my favorite tractor color...  Cheap outside house paint works ok too... 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

sprucebunny

That's really neat, Marcel  8) 

I bet it works alot better than a hammer and a socket  ::) ;D  ;)

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Ed_K

Way to go Marcel  8). I vote yellow.
Ed K

isawlogs

Tom
    I had to look up that  lavender on google ... You could of just said purple ... and make my life easier .  ;D
   Maybe I will just paint it a little of all mentioned as to not offend anybody ...  ;D

Marcel

Haytrader

How will anyone know you made it if you paint it?
Leave it like it is so guys will notice. (assuming you will keep it inside)
It looks so good that if you paint it, it will look "factory".
Good job.
Glad to see others that enjoy and are able to "make" instead of "buy".
Haytrader

isawlogs

Haytrader
I could let the paint run a bit ...   And then again I doupt that in factory would ever dream of puting any Lavender  with  green trim  with Yellar poockydots on theres ..  ;D

Marcel

Tom

The more colors the better :D :D :D

That way nobody can ever copy it. ;D

isawlogs

Haytrader
I was raised on a farm , you did what you could ... and what you could not do  you did with out ... We are on the banks of the Gatineau river ... you want to go fishing on the water ... build a boat ...  you want to go anywheres with it ... scrape off what dont look like an ore off of a board ... Thats how I learned ... take something and cut away at it until it looks like what you need ... Sometimes my vision of things and what came out was not quite the same , but in the long run I would do it all over again ...    But I would get a four wheeler a lot sooner , Running after them cows sure would be a lot easier ...  :)

Marcel

Haytrader

There are some guys on here that can alter yer pic and show ya just what it would look like in different colors.
They are as handy with the "puter" as you are with iron.
Not to mention any names but that Santer Claus lookin feller from Florda I do beleive is one of em.

;)
Haytrader

DanG

Good lookin' press, Marcel. 8) 8) 8)   Now you need to do what I did.  I bought a pallet of used paint at an auction for $2 US.  Actually the pallet contained several old cardboard boxes, which in turn, contained numerous partially used cans of spray paint.  If I ever build anything worth painting, such as yer press, there, I'm gonna just give it a little squirt from each can. ;D

Haytrader, there's a couple of us "Santa Claus lookin'" fellas down here in Florida.  You must be talking about Tom, though, cause I don't know nuthin about changin' no pitchers on the computer. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Haytrader

::)

DanG

You know me....didn't want to single anyone out.........

:D  :D
Haytrader

GareyD

I don't look like Santy, and I ain't from Florida, but I just couldn't stand hearing about them color schemes and not havin a look at it....

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Furby

Haytrader

Way to go GaryD

8)  8)   8)

Thats what I was referrin to.

;)

What do ya think Marcel?
You got those colors in inventory?

:D  :D
Haytrader

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

sprucebunny

WWWHHOOOOEEEEE ....won't be losin' that tool !!!!!! ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

GareyD

QuoteYa missed the jack!

Left tha jack black to keep the "industrial" look... ;)
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

DanG

Marcel didn't build the jack, so he ain't authorized to paint it.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!