iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Therapy Needed......... That's why I am here!!!

Started by Coon, July 01, 2005, 11:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

Hey guys and gals.   I have been Real Busy for the past couple of  months  with many projects at hand.  We have been sawing lumber like you wouldn't believe.  Have done some for myself, but mainly custom cutting for others.  Presently we have two mills cutting.  The neighbor has his circular mill out at our farm beside my woodmizer.  On a good day we have been sawing about 15,000 bdft with no trouble.  That is all green piled and air drying.

Anyways I haven't had a day off in 71 days so I think it was just time. Had to come for my therapy and see what is going on with everyone.  Haven't had much time in the past months for even reading posts but have done some.  Hope everyone is making sawdust by the day and is keeping busy.

Just what does a guy do on his days off?????  I don't even remember what a day off is anymore......

PS --- Hoping to get myself a digital camera in these days off just to show you guys how busy I have been......
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Roxie

We like to see busy!   8)  I could sit and watch 'busy' all day!   :D :D
I'm glad you're puttin your feet up for a spell, and when you get that camera, I would love to see some pictures from your area!   :)
Say when

Fla._Deadheader

Dats a lotta sawin.  You deserve a day off.  Pics are always good.  8) :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Chris J

Is it true that Canadian wood is better than US wood  :D?   Watching folks work does my heart good!
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

SwampDonkey

Welcome back Coon. Let us know about your log yard expriences.

Here's a thread started by bibbyman on the subject. :)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=12411.0

We need some pictures :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mometal77

Nothing like doing some fishing on your day off get away from everything take a drive.
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Ernie

I didn't know Saskatchewan had trees, guess it hasn't anymore :D :D

What you need is a good supervisor, it'll only cost you a couple of grand to bring me over 8) 8)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Coon

Yep there is trees in Saskatchewan.  We live in the east central portion of the province.  The further north you go the more trees there are.

Was sawing this morn until  BOOM BOOM!!!!!!! (Couple of hard hits of thunder) then Rain!!! GRRRRRRRR.  Just as I got to a beauty of a log @ 42" diameter w/ the crown still intact and 36" at the small end on a 18 foot white spruce log.    The rain only lasted about 20 minutes and I got right back to the log.  2 1/2 hours later  and three tanks of fuel later in my old 630 Super II Jonsered I had it loaded on the mizer and was ready to saw, but again BOOOOOOOOM BOOOOOOOOOOM the thunder hit and started to rain again.  Looks like it settled in for an all dayer again.   Oh well,  the FF was calling my name 8) :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

mometal77

Coon a friend went up there to buy at richie brothers a crane.  He came back with some amazing pics.  Big tires you guys have for up there i was impressed.
bob
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Thank You Sponsors!