iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Member of the Family

Started by Norm, July 07, 2005, 08:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

I've been thinking of getting a lab to keep me company...my old lab Doc passed away many years ago.

She's 3 months old and full of pith and vinegar. Boy are they ever hard headed dogs but sure are man's best friend. :)

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

tnlogger

good looking dog there Norm was that your b-day present  :)
gene

Norm

Thanks Joan I think so too. :)

Gene she's not really a gift but more of a needed a home present, none the less a great addition to our farm.

crtreedude

Looks like she is just thinking of things to get into! Nice puppy.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

DanG

I gave away a mutt that looked just like that today. 8)  Her 2 sisters went with her.  I think these folks will take good care of them, and I didn't need or want any more dogs.  We take in strays and try to find good homes for them.  Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn't but this time it looks good.  If someone hadn't taken them, they would have had a home here. :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

UNCLEBUCK

Now there is a pup with big swim fins ! Whats the new name ?
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Jeff

I think he looks like a Norman.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

Norm, that's a fine looking pup.  I really like Labs.  We have had a female chocolate Lab since about 1994. She was a fine duck dog in her day and a real sweetie.  I just want to remind you that your pup will be full of pith and vinegar until at least 2 years old.  Be sure to keep anything you don't want chewed up, outta reach.  :) 
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Roxie

That is one cute puppy!   :)  You'll have to tell us what you name her. 
Say when

Patty

Her name is Ali, short for Alexis. She is a great puppy. Very smart (but hard headed like a lab). I have really missed having a lab around; we always had then when the kids were growing up. They are fine pets and good hunters. As Norm mentioned, his black lab Doc passed away a few years ago.

I think Ali is going to fit into our little family just fine.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

EZ

Welcome to The Forestry Forum, Alexis. ;D
EZ

crtreedude

Is Ali fitting into the family just fine because she is hard headed?  ;D

Patty

No, CR, it is because she is so cute...just like her master.  ;D
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

crtreedude

Sigh,

If I get a dog down here it will definitely have to be hardheaded to fit in.  That's okay - I have Toro my horse - we are two peas in a pod.

Forget the cute - works for my wife Amy, but definitely not for me.

OneWithWood

Good looking dog.  Can't go wrong with a lab, but then you know that  :)

We currently have two black lab males, Baron and Chester.  Baron is 10 going on 50 and moves very slow (except when there is the possibility of food  :D )  Chester is 4 going on 2.  I should have named him Mr. Energy. 

My favorite dog was Smoke ( short for Smoke on the Water ), also a black lab.  She was a wonderful dog that lived to be 17.  I doubt I will have another dog as smart and faithful as she was. 
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Chris J

That's a fine looking pup, looks like she's going to be a big one.  Ditto what Charlie said-lab pups just love to chew on things & they ain't picky.
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

Ernie

Now that's one fine lookin saw dog
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Dan_Shade

puppies are great.  I adopted a dog a little over a year old a few months ago, it's wierd getting used to a dog that's "older" but we're doing just fine now.  he's always happy to see me, and I'm always happy to see him.

there's not much in this world like the company of a dog, even a worthless one!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Wildflower

Norm and Patty if you come to the piggy roast please bring Ali.
:)
She is really cute and I look forward to shaking her paw.   :D
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Norm

Ali is so typical of the lab breed, I'd forgotten how obnoxious Doc was when we first got him. There was a neighbors dog in heat a mile away, he took off and was on the road for a week before I found him again. He also hated to be kenneled and would chew through chain link fence. :D

Tammy we're in the middle of trying to sell our house and won't know if we can make the trip until the last minute but I assure you if we do there is NO WAY I'm riding 11 hours with Ali licking the back of my head.  :D

Patty

Yea, I guess she'll just have to sit on his lap instead.  ;D
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Wildflower

I am sure Norm can drive and also wipe the doggie licks off his face. :D If you can make it we would sure like to have ya. Ali or not.  ;)
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Thank You Sponsors!