iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Boo Boo

Started by Haytrader, July 07, 2005, 10:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haytrader

Anybody care to guess what happened here?

I'll give ya'all a hint.
I nearly said DanG.

;D
Haytrader

Paul_H

Were ya sharpening drill bits?  :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

DanG

Typing accident? ??? :P
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Kirk_Allen

Table saw injury while ripping a board?

Furby

Haytrader

You smart ashes.

;)
Haytrader

tnlogger

piece came off the roller and gotcha  ??? ;D
gene

Paul_H

Okay Haytrader, What happened to your finger?  ???

tnlogger

wal i went and blowed that pic up so i could see real good and it almost looks like ya shot yer self with a nailgun bu i just knowd it cant be that.  :D :D
gene

DanG

You're screwed? :o ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Paul_H

So you're saying Haytrader might have injured himself while doing his nails?

Paul_H

I went and brightened the pic too and there is a nail that is held in his right hand,but there is a bandaid there too(left hand) so I'm wondering if the nail is to hold the bandaid in place,or is he burning a wart with a hot nail?

Haytrader

Oh, I see we have a bunch of comedians here.

But, tnlogger get er right. I was building me an overhead storage for some lumber. I was holding a 2x6 to be nailed at a 90 to another one and when I pulled the trigger it shot twice.

It only went in a 1/2" and didn't get into the bone. I walked to the house so my wife could see (witness program... :D) and she bout fainted. It came out easy. She says I need a tetnus shot. I told her the nail was new.

:D
Haytrader

Paul_H

That nail looks like it was headed straight for the first knuckle.Amazing it didn't do serious damage.

DanG

Only went in a half inch? :o ::)  You need ta get a better nail gun!

I hope ya don't get the idea that we aren't too concerned.  Personally, I'm settin' here right beside myself.

Haytrader

DanG,

Yer up WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to late.
I got up for a couple tablets and am holding my left one higher than my heart.
:-\
Haytrader

DanG

Shucks, I ain't done eatin' supper yet!

CHARLIE

Haytrader, it coulda been worse!  You coulda nailed your hand to the 2" X 6" board and then couldn't get off the ladder.  So you woulda stood there hollering for your wife who couldn't hear you 'cause she was cooking a fantastic supper.  Then she coulda got mad when you didn't show up for supper and madder yet when it got late and was figuring you musta gone into town for a few cool ones.  Then with a hoarse voice, you resigned yourself to spend the night on the ladder with your hand nailed to the board.  Yep.....it coulda been worse.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Haytrader

Yer eatin way to late according to all the x perts...... ;)

Ladder?
I was on a plastic milk crate on the pile of lumber.

:D

And Charlie, the first alarm that would have gone off in her head wouda been............
"Wheres the cook?"

:)
Haytrader

CHARLIE

:D  Well, hopefully she woulda gone looking for da cook and not just fixed a peanut butter sammich.  That would be tough to sleep standing on a milk crate.  Next time use a ladder.  Then you could at least have something to lean against when you sleep. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Norm

Geez Haytrader that looks sore. Between you and Jerry's fishhook story I'm just going to sit on the couch and watch TV for the weekend. No use taking any chances. ;D

SwampDonkey

Haytrader, ya shoulda knowed that you wouldn't get no sympathy from this bunch fer doing dumb stuff. ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Rod

I've nailed my hand to the board before. :D

karl

Ht
Glad it were'nt worse.
Had a experienced kid come to work for me one time and had shot a 16d through his index finger by 8 am. ::)

Wanna hear a BIG nail story ta make ya feel better? Well, I'm gonna tell anyway.

Have a neighbor now close to eighty, tough old Quebecer him.
Usta do lots of hunting/trapping
One morning he jumped from a low plank bridge into a couple feet of water to set muskrat traps.
There had recently been some planks and scrubrails replaced  and some idiot dumped the ripoffs into the water- he jumped right onto a 10" cabin spike sticking straight up through a 2' scrap.
Yup, right through his foot just ahead of the ankle. :o :o :o
he had to step on the board with his other foot and pull his foot off the nail with both hands :o
I never look off the edge of a bridge or culvert without thinking of him
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

GF

You are pretty lucky it was not worse (even though it still was bad), that kinda stuff can happen in an instant. 

sawguy21

At one time I worked in an RV plant. Some of the workers removed the safety nose from the air nailers because they would jam. That is, until one nailed his foot to the concrete floor..The ambulance crew managed to cut the nail under his boot before taking him to the hospital with the nail still embedded in his foot.  I managed to take the tip off a finger in the table saw there.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

maple flats

Years ago I worked in a motor home plant in the cabinet doors and drawers dept. Used an air nailer to fasten trim to the door and drawer faces. They put a young kid with me to train one day. I told him about the proceedure and the things to be careful of. After starting he worked OK for a few of days but then I turned around while mitering some trim and noticed he was just standing there with a lost look on his face. I said something like "we've got a lot of work to do, we can't stand still,(we were on group piece work)" He said he couldn't move and I asked why not. He said because he nailed his thumb to the bench. I asked why he didn't ask for help immediately. He said he didn't want anyone to know. I found out he had done it several minutes earlier. This nailer was shooting staples about 1.25" long and about 3/32" wide crown. The staple was not stuck in all the way, just a little head showed, so I pulled enough for to staple to come out of the bench and called the foreman over who took him got medical attention for him. I can't imagine doing that and just standing there thinking noone would find out. He never did return to work, but he was not let go, just found another job.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

pigman

I don't use a nailgun, I use a hammer and usually have a black nail all the time. I do use a brad nailer in my woodworking and have been hit by the point of a long brad when it hits a knot and comes out the side of a piece. :o
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

tnlogger

This reminds me of when i helped a contracter friend in the 80"s .
this was a deal where he could'nt find a superviser to build one of them mall stores. it was in portsmouth NH. I was doing the punch list and someone forgot to fasten a shelf bracket in the store room.
i climbed a 10 ft step ladder with some 3 1/2" screws grabed the bracket and started to get-r-done.
yup though the bracket and my hand witch is'nt to bad cept i drop the screwgun.  ::)
wal started yelling for the only one there witch was the lady manager when she got there she proceeded to wail bable and ask what to do. all the while i was a hanging off the top of that ladder. wal i'll tell ya what i finilly couldn't tack it no more and said lady just give me the drill and i'll come down.
Nope she ran out called the ambulance  :-\ when they got there after a while one of them boy's had so cence and just handed me the screwgun and i gots myself out but boy did i feel dumb.
gene

Jason_WI

I hate to think if I would ever get hit by my Paslode gas nail gun. That one will sink nails into ash without hesitating..... :o :o

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

hiya

I was nailing blocking between trusses, the gun liped down and shot a 3 incher through the joint in my thumb. It was below O but my thumb was warm ::). Pulled it out, put a band aid on to keep the blood from running out, and went back to work.
Richard
RichardinMd.

isawlogs

I know of the feeling ... I was once building a small bird house or feeder for the kids . Had the stapler going and was holding the peices to be stappled together ... got one stapple into the wood and the other half into my thump ... it lodged itself into the tip and into the bone , I was very happy to have my leatherman on me and had to cut the stapple and extract it with the pliers . I did though say a few DANG'S before it was out .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

pasbuild

I have been using air and gas nailers for 25+ years and never once have I shot myself, now my co-workers thats another store, I think Iv got 13/14 notches on my gun ;D
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Haytrader

Well well well,

I see we have a few udders who have had steel and flesh mix.
And after all the static I received from the start, it is welcome news.

;D

I am really lucky my deal was not worse. Couldn't seem to keep my hand high enough last night to get much sleep. Not that I am seeking sympathy or anything.  :'(
So........I had to take a nap after lunch today.... :D
Haytrader

CHARLIE

Quote from: Haytrader on July 08, 2005, 11:40:33 PM
Well well well,

I see we have a few udders who have had steel and flesh mix.
And after all the static I received from the start, it is welcome news.

I reckon it is true!  Misery does love company! :D  Haytrader, just think how good it's gonna feel when it quits hurtin'! ;D
Charlie

Thank You Sponsors!