iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FF Member in My Skidsteer!

Started by Stump Jumper, July 10, 2005, 01:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stump Jumper

Guess Who is in my skidsteer? ???  He is a FF Member.

We had a great visit with him yesterday.

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Stump Jumper

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Norm

Heck that's an easy one, the backwards hat is a dead giveaway. ;)

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Shotgun

We know, we know, we all know... ;D

Heck, that wasn't a hint. That was positive ID.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Kirk_Allen

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Yup, had a great visit with the Stump Jumper family yesterday, and even got to play with the skidsteer! 8) 8) 8)
Didn't realized just how rusty my operating skills are though. :-[ ::)

Jeff

Man, I'd love to have that here for a day. ( the skidsteer)  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Quote from: Jeff B on July 10, 2005, 02:23:55 PM
Man, I'd love to have that here for a day. ( the skidsteer)  :D

Furby, you can visit too. :)

Furby

Plan on being there for the roast at this point, how about you have Stump Jumper bring it up then and we'll dig a hole for the piggy the EASY way! ;D :D

Jeff

I'm more interested in digging out and burying a few stumps to make room for a couple more piggy roast campers!

Furby

Just cut them off flush (the stumps), it's MUCH easier!

Jeff

I aint got saw enough or shoulder enought to do it. Be hell on a chain.

isawlogs

Ya still got 27 days to dig them out ..  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Kevin

SwampDonkey

Burn and hack the stumps. Probably not a good idea for your neighbors to smell though.  :-\

I burnt mine to kill the buds from suckering. Never did whack'm out yet and that was 2001 I think. ;) There are other priorities in life. ;D I live out in a rural farming community so I'm not too close to the next neighbor with my smoke. ;) I know I wouldn't want to have it (smoke) come into my house.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Chets working 48 hour days right now. I'll be thankful just to get him here let alone put him to work.

Furby

I have a cherry stump in my parents backyard that I cut slots into with the cainsaw so that it would rot faster. No such luck!
10 years later NO rot that was not already there when the tree was cut.

Yes it's heck on a chain, but it's worse on equipment, unless you have BIG equipment. It helps to did around them just a bit, put an old chain on, then cut.

How big are they?

Jeff

DanG

Yup!  I reckernized Furby right away.  I ain't so sure it's the hat that's backwards, though. ;) ;D :D :D

Hey, Furb!  Ya ever run a Hootiemobile?  Come on down an' I'll let ya practice a bit! ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Stump Jumper

I know I know it is that ZZ Top look. :D :D

Sorry Jeff if I had the time before the pig roast I would come and dig them up. Just toooooo busy right now.  I can dig that size stump fairly easily. 
Jeff
May God Bless.

Don_Papenburg

Can you say   Stumpgrinder!  Ten minutes and by by stump
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Jeff

I wonder what a stump that size costs to grind. When you have ten of them its probably a chunk

Furby

Actually ya might get a discount.
Probly gonna take a guess and say $750.
Depends on who you talk to, I know some guys around here simply quote $100-150 per. That can vary A LOT though.

If I had known ya needed them cut off, I would hauled my stuff up there Sat. and atleast cut them as flush as I could.

Stump Jumper

We could use the big bang theory on those stumps. :D ;D ;)

But then again we don't want to upset the neighbors. ::)
Jeff
May God Bless.

DanG

So ya need the space for campers, eh?  Do like we do here on the Forum.  When they show up, just say, "Pull up a stump, and stay a while."   ;D :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Furby

Do the neighbors have a vacation planned ???

GF

Hey Jeff I rented a stump grinder to grind my stumps, it cost me $85 for the day. 

Jeff

Thats an interesting thought. I wonderif they have one up here.

MULE_MAN

If your weren't so far away, My Backhoe would take them out put pretty easy.
Plan B   Arky bring some Black Power   :D   :D  :D  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Stephen

A Great Uncle of mine cleared land for farming with pigs! He would fence an area for a few pigs and poke holes under the stumps, and push corn under them. The pigs would root their snouts into the dirt and push, pull, bite and tear the roots and stump out to get the corn.

I don't know what you would do with the pigs after the stumps were out though?  ;)

Wish I could be there!
Stephen
1994 WoodMizer LT40G18. 69 acres mixed wood. 1952 ford tractor, Norse 290 winch, studed Norse ice chains. 45-66DT Fiat.

Furby

From what I've been told about the rental grinders, you are going to have to let Tammy do it.  ;D
I hear they can be a real "pain" to operate.

Murf

Unless you have absolutely no desire to ever have a finished yard where those stumps are now don't even think about a stump grinder.

I've got one for the back of the tractor, and in a few spots it's come real handy.

I've also got a half dozen spots in the lawn where stumps were ground up, the chips get all mixed into the soil and every year they decompose and settle a little more. I bet some of those spots have had 24" of topsoil poured over top in an effort to level them out over the years.

If you do grind a few up, be sure to gather up and dispose of as much of the chips as possible and backfill it with clean soil.
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Thank You Sponsors!