iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

some customer pics

Started by sawmill_john, February 25, 2003, 04:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawmill_john

We just got in some pictures from a customer up in Belfair WA.  He built a house with lumber he milled.  

Every piece of lumber was milled on his 70's vintage Mobile Dimension Saw, he even hand picked the river rock that went into the fireplace, the range of woods that went into the house are western red cedar, white pine, douglas fir, big leaf maple, alder, & hemlock.  All trees that are native to western Washington.

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Fla._Deadheader

I AGREE  Hot DanG. It werkt !! ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Dave_Fullmer

Oh, OH, Harolds done gone and got smart.  I'm not even going to try.
If it aint Orange (AC that is) it won't run.

biziedizie

That's a great looking house and a cool machine! Looks like my dreams could come true one day as well!

Steve

ADfields

woodbeard

That looks like the alder on the cabinets. Alder is really pretty when people don't try to make it look like cherry. Glad to see he left it natural!

ARKANSAWYER

YOU know that I am told every week that you can not build a house with lumber unless it comes from a lumber yard. :o
   Now just where do we get off doing this?  It is not to be done.  Every one will tell you this. ;D
  NICE JOB!
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

dan-l-b

sawmill_john

Here are a few more pics, I'm not sure but I think he got the studs planed and graded, I haven't had a chance to call him and find out for sure.

As for building with your own lumber, most of the lumber cut with portable sawmills (either band or circle) is better than the stuff I see at Home Depot, I would hate to be the   '
guy who has to cut the bundles open, some of the stacks look like half of the 2Xs could be used for ship keels.

John

Dugsaws

NICE, I love to see the wood we cut put to good use o thats right all the wood we cut is put to good use.
Doug

Thank You Sponsors!