iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

White River, Arkansas

Started by Texas Ranger, August 05, 2011, 11:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Took a short vacation to Salesville, Arkansas and the North Fork of the White River.  Fished three days and caught some 200 trout, one sucker, and several Black Perch.  Kept only some 50-75 rainbow trout, the rest were too small to keep.  We could keep any rainbow, only 24" Browns, 16" cut throat, and 14" brook.  The pictures are of the biggest caught, a 20" rainbow by my wife, Sue.  The other is one runs catch.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sandhills

digin_2  YUM!  Good job on the fishing, my wife and I are going to Fort Randall Dam later this month for her birthday, we'll be taking my uncle's old '55 Chevy and camper for a day or two of fishing, don't know how bad the flooding is around there yet but hope we can find a few good fishing holes.

fishpharmer

TR, you have a wife that likes to fish?  Good Catch.

Beautiful rainbow trout! 8)  Any scenery pics?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

doctorb

What a catch.  What a fishery!  Very well done!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Texas Ranger

A couple of shots of the river.

WildDog

3 days fishing with your wife on the river with a good catch of fish....Hard to beat :)
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

fishpharmer

Pretty good size trout  "stream." 8)   

I am envious.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Texas Ranger

The stream is below a power generation dam, when they are not generating, the stream is a wade and fish type set up.  When they start generating the water goes up some 8 feet, and you fish from boat.

Texas Ranger

Here is the lodge camera on the White River where we stayed.  Before 9 it is a trout stream, after about 9 it is a river.

http://www.norfork.com/genes/cam.htm

WDH

There are many fine ways to cook trout!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

LeeB

Too bad I didn't know you were here. That's just a hop, skip, and jump from here.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Texas Ranger

I;ll give notice next time, I had planned on meeting BRo Noble after fishing for 3 days, and did.  Always worth while to meet folks ya talk to on this contraption.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

ARKANSAWYER

Man you were so close.  I even have a boat and lots of time now to go fishing.  I guided on the White since I could pull start a motor.  Next time let us know a head of time.
ARKANSAWYER

Texas Ranger

You got it Arky, and Danny, the fish were wonderful and still are, we brought back a bunch, sealed and frozen.  Gonna have fish tacos out of some of the smaller ones. 

We had a crew of three couples, and fished for three days, man, I could have used at least three more, but time is the only thing I have that I cannot waste.  Places to go and people to see, things to do, but next time, cooler weather, a bear on that river in the afternoons.

Magicman

We have fished at Heber Springs, below Greer's Ferry at Swinging Bridge.  We always had a similar fishing experiences.

A sad note was when a group of young folks got the old bridge swinging and it fell killing some.   :-\   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chris Burchfield

MM, my family and I went to Heber Springs for years camping when I was growing up at home.  The greatest thrill then was when I was courting and now, wife's parents allowed her to go with us.  That was the early 70's.  We've been married since 1978.  She still tolerates me.  Last time we went over, things/camp area's had changed alot.  The area just West of Dam Site Marina is now day/picnic only, no camping.  I've caught two trout out of the Little Red River, one swam up into the shallows and I flipped him up into the rocks along the river.  The second was hooked on a hook, the line was caught on a root in the water, I just reached down and grabbed him.  I use to fish from the swinging bridge before it fell.  I could drop a hook in front of a trout, who'd swim up, smell it, swim around it and go up river.  The two I did catch, I grilled W/garlic salt/pepper and real butter.  MMMMMM Gooood!
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Magicman

On our first trip to Swinging Bridge, Pat and I hired a fishing guide Charlie Gilpin.  He told us so many stories about before the Greer's Ferry dam was built and how building it changed the entire community.  He said that he drove a small dozer across the Swinging Bridge.  We have not been there in probably 20 years.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!