iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

fish story, and you know fishermen don't lie

Started by etat, May 07, 2004, 11:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

Was gonna pass  this along on another thread where me and JT was talkin about fishing.  Then I got to thinking, this amazing absolutely true story orta be told in public.  SO, this story may sound a bit strange, but I understand it's absolutely true!!!!

JT, I believe ya. Had an uncle who was runnin trot lines down on the Tallahachee one time.  Caught something that he couldn't get out. Said he finally got mad and dove down to see what it was.  Musta been a flood somewhere cause he done hooked an old pickup that was floating downstream underwater.  Tied his old fishing truck off and dove back down there pulling the winch cable so's he could hook it to the bumper.  Winched that sucker out, drained the gas tank and oil, and would you believe when he put new gas and oil in it it fired right up!!!!  Yes sir, but you know what, that's not the whole story.  They was a 147 pound flathead catfish making a home in the cab of that truck.  Wonder that thing hadn't a took his head off when he opened the door to that truck to drain all that water out!!!  I'll just betcha that the same feller that lost that truck lost that lantern too!!!!!  
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

J_T

Well what started all this was Ck caught a catfish and before he got it ate it wound up being 30lbs . I told him I was fishing and puled out a old coal oil lantern and it was still lit .But if he will knock off 25lb from that fish I;ll blow that lantern out ;D
Jim Holloway

etat

Well actually it was a 'LARGE Mouth Bass that I caught on a cane pole while brim fishin.  ;D  And it had to be at LEAST 30 or 35 pounds.  Probably woulda been a world record but I was so hungry I ATE it!!!!   Didn't need all the attention no ways and look how many reel manufacturers would a been mad at me.  Why they'd a probably wanted to bribe me into telling a lie and saying I was using their reel or fishing line or something instead a that plain ole cane pole.  Don't Ya see what problems that'd a caused me them tryin to get me to be dishonest and all!!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Duane_Moore

:D :D why blow the lantern out? that was a 35lb fish, leave it lit.  you lie to um I will sware to it.    :D :D :DDuh---Duane 8) 8) 8)
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

J_T

Thanks  8) Going to hit the hay can't tell a bass from a catfish :D :D
Jim Holloway

shopteacher

I can't understand why you guys would be eating the bait fish ?  :D :D :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

shopteacher

That's the great thing about having logging tools around these parts. We just take our fishing hooks of the cant hook and a little tree rope and youse all set. ;D  Unless you got guys like CK around eating the bait fish. :D

etat

Bait Fish????  Cant hook???? are you kidding me????

I caught that monster on a littly bitty bream hook, BY THE TAIL!!!!!  Now I'll have to admit, I 'coulda' been wrong about the weight.  It actually might a been even larger!!!!  Sure do wish I'd a took a picture and weighed it!!!!   But I was hongry!!!!

shopteacher

Yeah, we take them little fish like youse talkn bout and put them on the cant hook,  tie a piece of loggin rope on it, use a 55 gallon barrel for a bobber and either tie off to a tree on the bank of the Monongahela  or if'n we feel like a little recreation we tie of onto the front of a 40 dingy and sit back behind it in the water with our water ski's on 8) :D 8) :D And  that's the truth, I swears it. :o ::) :o

etat

:D :D :D :D :D

It feels So good to laugh til yer chest hurts!!!

shopteacher

Now CK, I shouldn't be telling you this as I could be excommunicated from L.O.F (Loyal Order of Fish)don't ya know, but seeing as hows youse a fisherman and seem to be and honest and truthful one at that, I'm going to let you in on a real secret. Had to swear on a pfluger to get knowledge of it myself so I have ta swears ya to secrecy. Now repeat after me; I CKtate dos sollenly swears not to divulge the knowledge nor wear abouts of the largest game fish in de world. OK, good.
   Up near the head waters of the Mon where the dog leg section backtracks and parallels itself lives the much thought to be extinct Blue Tail, White Finn, Humpback Gupasouris.  I seen one jump one day, only got a quick look as the title wave capsized me boat, it had a tattoo of a dolphin and USN Nautilus on it's dorsal.  And thats the truth, I swears it.
   Please keep this to yourself as I don't want to endure the wrath of the head guppy.

etat

I had always wondered about them fishes, I KNEW they couldn't be extint!!!!  It is a rare fisherman and a true friend that will dilvidgue secrets such as that.  Thanks!!!!

I took the oath and turned around three times hopping on one leg with my eyes closed while singing the Popeye the sailor man song.  Your secret's safe with me!!!!!!!  ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

shopteacher

Ya crack me up CK.  :D I'm putting you in for an honorary membership to the Loyal Order of da Fish. Yes sir, yes siree, thats what im gonna do. :)

etat

:)Thank you SIR SHOPTEACHER for  sharing the greatest fish story ever told,. Being  nominated for indoctrination  into the L.O.F. is something one can only DREAM OF.  Many's the time I have lost sleep imagining that one day I would be a real L.O.F. MEMBER.....  LOYAL ORDER OF FISH,  it's got a ring to it ain't it!  I accept you nomination with honor!  :)

Stan

Reminds me of the time I caught the biggest fish in a neighbor's pond. I had a plastice worm on a #10 aberdeen hook rigged with a bobber about 3 ft. higher. We;d fed all our red wigglers to the bluegill or what ever pan fish ate em. I cast out to a stump almost farther than I could reach. The bait landed and the bobber disappeared all in one motion. About that time my wife started hollerin' at me to get in the van a storm was comin'. Well I wasn't gonna leave that monster in the pond, even if'n I did get wet. I had him half way back to me when my wife said it weren't no ordinary storm, it were a tornado. Well I gotta go now them things can hurt you. I clamped down on the drag and started windin', Here come a giant catfish, well an 8 pounder any how, As I went to grab him he swam away, I looked at the hook and it were plumb straight.  ;)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

shopteacher

Ya know CK, I think that Stan is trying to put one over on us. You ever heard of such a whopper of a fish tale.  8 lb  catfish indeed, who ever heard of such a thing. If'n he's going to make up stories they should have at least some sense of believability.  :D  He'll have to do better to get into the L.O.F. ;D

J_T

Stan next time try Sir Shopteacher's  cant hook  :D :D Bet a picture of that bait fish Ck eat would of weighed 10lbs  ;D
Jim Holloway

etat

Yep, I was actually almost believing him.  Tripped hisself up when he got to talkin about the tornado.  A TRUE fisherman woulda rode that twister out and played that LITTLE catfish right on out!!!!  I bet that catfish was laughin as it swam off!!!! ;D  If it'd a been me and that catfish got loose  and was laughin at me like that I'd a hooked me that tornadoe, played it over to the middle of that pond and waited until it sucked all the water out, and I'd a tromped on down there and picked that catfish up by the whiskers and taught it a lesson!!!! :D :D :D

shopteacher

CHARLIE

Oh my......I'm surprised Tom ain't joined in on these true fishing stories.

Well, I got a real honest to by golly true story. Y'all might or might not believe me. But it jes' don't matter cause I know it's the truth. Back in the early 1980's I was fishing by myself in my canoe over in the backwaters of the mighty Mississip in a place called West Newton. It was late in the afternoon when I noticed a little break in some bushes. I went up there and peeked in and on the otherside was a landlocked pond. I don't think anyone had ever seen it hidden back in there. I dragged my canoe through the bushes and paddled out in the middle of that pond. I hadn't fished long using a Redhead plug, when the biggest DanGed bass I ever saw hit that plug. I fought him for over an hour on 4 pound test line. Had to be careful cause he was a big'un. I finally wore him out and dragged him into the canoe. Well, when I took him out of the water, the pond level dropped a good foot and there my canoe sat stuck in the mud.  I couldn't get out of there and the sun was going down. So I finally had to throw that big bass back into the pond to raise the water up so I could get out of there.  Didn't have my camera so Y'all will just have to believe me. I went back to West Newton several times after that and never have found that pond again.   :P  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

CHARLIE

Florida State Record Catfish!!!!!!

New state record catfish. 140 lbs. caught in LakeTexoma. This is one of those legendary fish that scuba divers say they see at the bottom of dams that are big enough to eat a person. They say that catfish this size are well over 100 years old.

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

etat

:) :)Charlie, I'm a thinkin yer the real deal!!!!!!  I believe every word of yer adventure!!!!I  :) :)

Pete J

Three guys go fishing.

1st guy: The fishing was so good today, I caught my limit and I didn't even have to bait my hooks.

2nd guy: Oh ya? The fish we're just jumping into the boat. All I had to do was sort through them for the keepers.

3rd guy: That's nothing, I had to get back in the truck and roll the windows up just so I could bait my hook!

Stan

Y'all said that fishermen don't lie, so I told the truth. If'n you want to hear fish stories I got a million of 'em. For instance, that Fla catfish, catch them little ones all the time in the Colorado River, twixt Arizona and California, which is why they ain't recognized by either state.  :D
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

etat

Stan I apologize, was just a funna ya.  Please tell your stories........You should a just went ahead and told us it was a world record to begin with.  Yer just too modest!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!