iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

EXPO RICHMOND 2012 May 18-19, 2012

Started by Dan_Shade, February 20, 2012, 11:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Kansas

When I went 2 years ago, I discovered a stop system that was amazingly simple for our pop up saw. Given we do a lot of different length boards for pallet lumber, it was wonderful. I figured it paid for my trip the first month we got it. Plus we found Kasco blades for the big mill that have done a great job for us.

If I can plan it, I'm going. Just hope I don't have to fly one of those prop planes leaving Richmond like the last time. I swear that one prop out my window wobbled.

Dan_Shade

that's how it stays balance, Kansas!

I'm looking forward to seeing you again if you can make it.  We'll have Bruce set up breakfast again!

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

DR Buck

Not going to make it this year.  :(      I will be in Dayotn OH at a ham radio convention.  :) For what ever reason, the weekends are the same this time around.  They are usually 2 weeks apart.  I'm also going to misst the October show in Guernsey OH, the Firewood Shootout.  I'm not real interested in a show geared to firewood processing.  I liked the year they did both sawmills and firewood processors in Morgantown WVA.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

rockman

I am planning on going this year, it's a nice show lots to see. Had nice visit and did some reminiscing with the guys from "The Northern Logger".

Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

Kansas

Look forward to it too, Dan. This year I want to take my camera and take some pics of that super Stihl saw.

DR Buck

Quote from: Kansas on February 22, 2012, 08:35:02 AM
Look forward to it too, Dan. This year I want to take my camera and take some pics of that super Stihl saw.

You mean this one?

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

submarinesailor

Dan,

Sorry.  I would love to set up breakfast.......BUT, I will be flying back from Reno on the 19th.  That week my wife and I are planning on attending a reunion.  May of this year will be 40 years to the month at I stepped onboard my first submarine, the USS Woodrow Wilson, SSBN 624.  And just so happens that the crew will be holding the reunion in Reno 14-19 May.

Wish I could make it but I think this is just a little more important.  Hope you guys have a good time.  Oh, and Dan....don't forget just how cold you got the last time we meet there. :D :D :D ;) ;)

Bruce

Dan_Shade

well, I guess that means i'll have to set up the breakfast venue.

I froze my giblets off the day before when we met up for that solar kiln class.  I remember it being warm when I left my house, but when I went over a hill about 5 miles away, I hit a cold patch that didn't let up until I got to Richmond.   :D

smwwoody

I will be there.  I have to supply the logs for wood mizer.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Cedarman

Like Kansas, I found a machine that paid for itself in just over 2 months that shaves wood for our sawdust sales.
Plan on making it again.
Will miss a couple of you guys.
But, hope to visit with others.
I have always enjoyed this Expo.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Dan_Shade

If you're going to be around there on Friday morning, and want to do breakfast, drop me a PM.

I'll get something coordinated.

Kansas

Well I almost didn't go. At the last moment, Casey arranged airline tickets and a hotel room for me. Flying into Richmond Thursday afternoon, leaving Saturday morning. Look forward to seeing people and seeing the show.

dail_h

World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Thank You Sponsors!